2. Sneaking and Stuff

Astrid was ahead of her dad and the others, carrying the squirrels over her shoulder back to the firepit. She figured he was going to find out about Merle soon but now she wasn't so sure she wanted to tell him herself. "Merle!" Daryl called out, making his way past the others.

Astrid swallowed the lump in her throat, put down the squirrels and turned back towards him to tell him. She tugged on her bracelets trying to think of what to say, he was going to be really angry. "Merle! Get yer' ugly ass out here! I got us some squirrel! Lets stew 'em up. Ash, where's Merle?" Daryl said as he put down his crossbow.

Astrid hid her nerves and walked closer to speak up, Shane beat her too it. "Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you." He says as he puts his gun in the car.

"Bout what?" Daryl says in a more confused tone, looking around the camp, his eyes caught on Astrid for a second but she looked away.

"About Merle." Shane finally says, dropping the bomb. Everyone is basically silent, not wanting to get involved. "There was a uh..problem in Atlanta" Shane announces, everyone is gathering around now.

"He dead?" Daryl asks, moving around more confused and wary now. Ash? He looks at Astrid, she keeps looking at the floor and fiddling with her bracelets.

"Were not sure." Shane confirms.

"He either is or he aint!" Daryl says louder, getting visibly more angry.

"No easy way to say this so I'll just say it" Rick speaks up, now approaching Astrid's dad too.

"Who are you?" Daryl growled, looking at Rick.

"Rick Grimes." Rick announced himself, his hands on his hips.

"Rick Grimes," He says in a mocking tone, "You got something you want to tell me?"

"Your brother was a danger to us all, so I handcuffed him to a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there." Rick explains, keeping a calm, focused tone and expression.

"Hold on. Lemme process this, You sayin you handcuffed my brother to a roof! And you left him there!" Daryl is yelling now, motioning with his hands too, he is really upset and it makes Astrid feel bad.

"Yeah." Rick replies, not making eye contact anymore. Daryl stays silent moving back and forth, Astrid tries to step forward because she can already tell what's about to happen.

"Da-" She begins, getting cut off by Daryl trying to get to Rick, he quickly gets stopped by Shane who knocks him down. Daryl pulls out a knife, she knows he probably won't stab anyone but they don't know that.

Daryl swings the knife at Rick but he dodges it, both the officers restrain her dad. "You best let me go!" He yells, trying to get out of the headlock.

"Nah, I think its best if I don't." Shane replies, holding him tight.

"Chokeholds illegal!" Daryl says, giving up more now.

"Yeah, you can file a complaint." Shane replies, lowering him more to the ground. Astrid watches from a distance, she doesn't like when her dad gets angry because then he gets angry at her, doesn't hurt her, but gets angry. "C'mon man we'll keep this up all day."

"I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic, do you think we can manage that?" Rick says kneeling in front of her dad, keeping a calm but authoritative tone. She really doesn't like cops.

"Your brother does not work and play well with others," Rick reasons as Shane realises Daryl from the headlock.

"It's not Ricks fault, I had the key, I dropped it." T-dog speaks up, Astrid sighs and rolls her eyes because that part wasn't something her dad needed to hear.