10. Chupacabra

Maggie got the girls something to eat, Astrid had a granola bar but not the fruit ones since she couldn't stand those. Meanwhile Sophie had one of the fruity granola bars with apple bits in it. They both ate their snacks then went back out the house to find something to do, Maggie said she was going on a run with Glenn so they couldn't be with her right now.

Astrid had no clue what to do, and since she didn't know when her dad would be back she couldn't ask him for some sort of job so instead she went over to a old red-orange coloured swing set that was next to a hammock and decided to play on it.

Sophie followed and both the girls got on the swings, there were 2 and both were quite rusty but they didn't mind. Shane and Andrea were not far from them, discussing guns and other things like that. "Girls be careful, don't know how strong those swings are." Shane said giving them a nod.

Astrid and Sophie nodded back, barely paying attention to them. Astrid didn't swing high and after a short while she just sat on the swing, kicking the dirt beneath her shoes. "I like it here," Sophie said as her swing pulled to a stop.

"Me too, its...peaceful." Astrid replied, looking up from the dirt and glancing at the farmland. She always wanted to have her own farm with her own animals but that wasn't an option before, her and her dad instead lived in a cheap house in a part of town that was more dangerous but it was all they could afford, she didn't mind much.

Shortly later T-dog and Dale came over, they were getting water from one of the wells and apparently there was a walker in one, infecting the water. Astrid trailed behind the others as they walked over to the well, she was intrigued.

They gathered around the well, looking inside. It was dark but Astrid could see the big ugly walker at the bottom, it looked all pruned and disgusting. She scrunched her nose up in disgust and stepped back, walkers were nasty but that one looked even worse.

"Looks like we've got us a swimmer." Dale speculated, shinning a flashlight down the well at the walker.

"How long do you think he's been down there?" Glenn asked.

"Long enough to grow gills," Andrea clarified, Astrid kept her distance not wanting to be close to that gross thing, slimy things or slimy looking things made her feel sick.

"We can't leave it in there, god knows what its doing to the water." Lori said as she peered into the dark place.

"We got to get it out," Shane added, his hands on his knees as he bent down and looked in.

"Put a bullet in its head, I'll get a rope." T-dog offered.

"Whoa, Whoa guys, no." Maggie cut in, Astrid smiled at her.

"Why not? it's a good plan." Glenn mumbled, his hand on his hips as he looked at Maggie.

"It's a stupid plan," Andrea cut in, "If that think hasn't contaminated the water yet, blowing out its brain would do the job."

"She's right, can't risk it." Shane said with a sigh, trying to think of what to do.

"So it has to come out alive?" T-dog states, getting a nod in response from Shane.

"How do we do that?" Glenn asks.

The group tried to think of something, eventually coming up with the idea to lower meat to it as an attempt of trapping the walker. They lowered the chunk of meat with a rope but the walker didn't even acknowledge it.

"He's not going for it," Dale said with a sigh.

"Maybe cause' a canned ham don't kick and scream when you try to eat it." T-dog scoffed, Astrid peered into the well to watch, Maggie keeping her hand on her back to make sure she didn't tumble forward.