Finally, Together

Six months later...

Callie was cleaning up from her last guests, a couple celebrating fifty years together by visiting where they spent honeymoon at. She made their trip rememberable for she found the picture of them that the taken by her grandfather at the front steps of the house. She gave them a framed copy as a gift. They even reenacted the picture, nearly wearing the same outfits.

Callie smiled, thinking about how happy they looked and how much they were still in love. The wife asked if Callie had someone in her life. Callie coyly told her yes and the relationship was a bit unconventional since he was quite younger than her.

"Those are the best ones." The wife said, letting Callie know that over fifty years ago, they risked everything to be together since they were two different races. "If there is love, it will grow." She patted Callie's cheek in a grandmotherly way.

As she was coming from the honeymoon suite, she heard the bells from the road. A guest who booked a seven-day stay must be coming in and they were on time. They used their business email, giving her the details of their stay and card information. The only main concern was they were bringing their dog.

Callie let them know about the pet friendly walking trails around the beach, to keep them on the leash while outside and clean up any messes they made in/outside. She did note about some of the plants were poisonous to animals and please keep their dog from eating them.

Callie looked down at herself, brushing her flannel shirt off by habit. She retightened her ponytail, her hair was now to her shoulders. She opened the door wide as the car stopped at the center of drive. It was a renter car for sure by to the guest being out of state. Callie smiled as she came down the steps. The driver was climbing out of the car.

"Welcome to the Gaillardia, I am ...Danny!" Callie shouted, running into his open arms. Just last night, Danny told her that he was flying out for a trip and probably would not be able to talk until he got to his destination. Seeing him there was a complete surprise. She jumped in his arms. Danny caught her, spinning her around like you see in romance movies. Holding her close, they kissed passionate.

The yelps from the back of the car grabbed their attention. Uki was wiggling her tail, ready to meet the person that Danny told her all about. Danny let go of Callie and unhooked Uki from her doggie seat.

"Danny, she is cuter in person." Callie held Uki who had deemed Callie her new best friend with doggie kisses. Danny got his luggage from the car and took Callie's hand as they walked into the house. Going into the kitchen, Danny placed his bag on the floor. Callie pulled at her doggie bowls she used for guests' pets and make Uki a bowl of water. With Uki content for the moment, Callie was back in Danny's arms.

"If I knew it was you, I would not have charge you. I can..."

"This is a business trip along with pleasure." Danny purred in her ear. "Besides, where else am I going to stay that I can have moonlight walks with my girl." Danny kissed her forehead.

"Does Arny know you are here?" Callie asked, placing her hands on her hips. She smiled she had spoken to Arny recently and he was taking a trip to a comi-con and she thought Danny was going to the same one.

"Nope. I am all yours, all week." Danny wrapped his hands around her waist, pulling her close. "I will be out in town for the other reason I came out here to do." Danny added.

"And what is that?" Callie wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in for another kiss.

"Looking for a new location for my house base." Danny told her straight out.

She leaned back, looking at him with shock. "Danny, you love the mountains, and I don't want..."

"You are here and everything you are, is here. I am like air; I can move and flow at will." Danny caressed her face. "I love the mountains, but I love you more." Danny spoke softly, declaring his feelings for her. For the last six months, they had gotten to know each other more through facetime and short trips while Danny would come to Maimi. The tourist season was booming on the island, and it was hard for Callie to get away for an extended visit. Danny understood and would never pressure her, and she would never pressure him.