Chapter 5

The brunette cursed, feet quickly taking himself to his 'temporary' office which Mori gave him.

"It's been empty ever since!"

The raven haired had claimed and true to his words for the first goddamn time, everything he had left and abandoned when he left the mafia were still at it's place. Despite that, the brunette thoroughly searched through the room and was slightly suspicious when he found nothing. From hidden cameras to drugs.

Closing and locking the door, Dazai glanced over at the camera at the corner of the room, eyes narrowing and upon noticing there was no red light blinking away, the brunette fished out his phone, hastily scrolling through his contacts, tapping on one of them.

When the other side picked up, the brunette quickly said, not waiting to greet the other, "Ranpo-san, sorry I didn't call yesterday, I was busier than I thought."

In actual fact, the brunette had allowed the ginger to do all the organisation of files and he ended up forgetting to call the ADA.

"It's fine Dazai but I wanted to ask you something."

The brunette sighed in relief when he didn't get any lecture from the raven haired as he nodded to no one in particular, "Yeah sure, what do you want to ask?"

"Did Mori asked you to do anything when you entered the mafia?"

The brunette hummed as if in thought, "Nope, not really just the basics."

"That's good, I don't trust that man."

The brunette chuckled, "Don't worry, Ranpo-san, I'll inform you if anything happens."

A sigh before the raven haired continued, "Remember to call tomorrow."

With that, the call ended. The brunette looked reluctantly at the blank phone screen. 

He couldn't muster up enough courage to inform Ranpo about the contract that he had totally not agreed on signing. But it was fine, he could deal with it.

A text popped up on his screen, the brunette skimmed through it and sighed to himself.

---

Arriving at the daunting office with big oak doors, the brunette didn't even bother to knock the door to warn the other of his presence.

"Mori-san, what do you want? As you know, I have work to attend to that was given by you."

The raven haired chuckled, letting his head rest on his propped up palm, letting the book he was initially reading on the desk before finally glancing at the other.

"Just wanted to check on you. I'm afraid Fukuzawa-dono will pester me."

The brunette's eyes narrowed before nodding with a fake understanding hum before turning to leave.

"Well, I'm fine. If that's all I'm leaving."

The raven haired smiled, "No."

Dazai grumbled a few curse words as he asked, "Anyrhing else?"

The raven haired thought for a while. He needed to be careful of his actions.

At the end, Mori shook his head, "Nothing else, you may leave."

The brunette's brows furrowed in suspicion and slight surprise before leaving.

---

"What....do you mean?" The Ginger's eyes widened as he stared at the other opposite of him. He clenched his hands as he bit his lip slightly.

"I want you to keep Dazai away from the Agnecy."

The ginger stuttered and failed to find the right words to respond but at the end, he mustered the courage to ask, "But, didn't the agency's president order him to-"

He was rudely cut off by Mori as the raven haired stood, brows furrowed as he stared at the other.

Chuuya gulped.

"Am I sensing hesitance from you Chuuya. You're loyal to the port mafia not the ADA."

The ginger nodded, "I am but-"

"There are not buts in this conversation. I gave you a task and its your job to fulfill it."

The ginger glanced away from the other's gaze. He...didn't want to do that. He never did question Dazai why he left the mafia since he knew it was better for Dazai. He knew that  it'll be better for Dazai that way.

"If not..." the raven haired sighed with an intentional glance of disappointment. However, it was gone and replaced with a menacing smile instead, "That'll be counted as being a traitor to the mafia, Chuuya-kun. You'll do it right?"

The ginger nodded stiffly, in no position to deny.

"I knew you'll agree."

Not like he had a choice in this matter anyways.

"Keep Dazai busy and try to prevent him from talking to that young detective. He's a bad influence to Dazai."

The ginger nodded again, bowing before leaving.

---

Hi everyone. Sorry for the short chapter. Please look forward to the next chapter.