Chapter 8

"Dazai-san!" The white haired teenager grabbed for the brunette's arm, hoping to persuade or at least check on his mentor.

Atsushi froze as his hand lost its initial strength, falling to the his side as he felt a shiver go down his spine.

He instead recieved a cold glare from his once kind mentor as he found it hard to find the exact words to say.

As the brunette turned, about to leave,  the white haired mustered up the courage to exclaim again, "Dazai-san! You can't leave us."

Thw brunette sighed at Atsushi's failed attempts of persuading him to solve the problem he was in.

"I can and I will."

The brunette gave one last glance to the white haired teenager making Atsushi's eyes widened before stepping back, watching as the poet mafia members left.

As the main door of the agnecy slammed closed, a subtle sign to show Mori's success. The white haired teenager took another glimpse at the main door and quietly closed the meeting door before saying, voice calm and composed, unlike his initial fanatic self.

"We can save Dazai-san."

The blonde massaged the bridge of his nose, obviously not expecting such a thing to happen, "And how are you so sure?"

Atsushi, with determination in his eyes, sat down back on his seat, "Dazai-san isn't going to leave us, I know it."

Ranpo smirked, curious as he asked, "Explain, Atsushi. I'm in."

The white haired smiled at the encouragement as he caught a glimpse of Fukuzawa, eyes lit slightly.

"When Dazai-san left the room, he glanced at me. His eyes isn't the same as when he entered the room. It isn't cold or emotionless. I can still see my caring mentor inside. We need to do something but..."

Ranpo sat up, leaning forward as he continued for the other, "But you don't know how do you?"

Atsushi slumped in his seat, bossing reluctantly.

"What did he say before he left?"

The white haired thought for a while, trying to retracted the excat words Dazai used.

"I can and I will."

The raven haired smiled. "I got it. Smart one Dazai, I'll give it to you."

Ranpo quickly hopped onto his feet, leaving the meeting room, the rest of the ADA members following, curious on what the raven haired meant.

Fukuzawa followed behind, slightly eager to know what the brunette had in hold for them. He always knew Dazai was smart but his predication was on a whole other level since it could go wrong at any point of the plan.

"The raven haired skimmed through the multiple files, including files of research and cases on the shelf. The ADA organised all the files on this shelf when the case was closed so that emnat no one touched it.

Finding what he wanted, Ranpo quickly pulled out four books.

'Isawari murder case'

'Crows conflict'

'Acid rain'

'Invisibility burgular case'

'Watch of time ability records'

Everyone raised a brow.

"Ranpo-san, did you just randomly pull out books?"

"No you dummy, look at the first letter of each case title."

The white haired did the honours as he read out slowly, "I,C,A,I,W."

"That's right. I can and I will. The first letter of each word."

Atsushi gasped at the detectives ability to decipher that.

"But what page and where did he placed the clues is the question now."

The raven haired hummed, thinking himself. Everyone had a mini brainstorm together.

---

"Ranpo-san, have you reread this case?"

The brunette pointed at the filethat was in his hand.

"Why would I? I solved it!"

The raven haired took a glance at the stack of files on the brunette's table.

"Well the cases are amazing especially the part where they describe all the victims."

"You just like like to look at the lady victims."

A smirk formed on the brunette's lips as he hummed, "Maybe..."

---

That coversation they had a few days ago sparked in Ranpo'smind as he quickly flipped through the files individual victims list.

Once he reached one of the victims who were female, he quickly pulled out the photo of the female at the corner of the record and smiled in triumph when he saw the folded white paper.

The blonde who noticed it exclaimed, pushing his glasses up, "Quickly check every female victim in the files."

Everyone did so and they ended up with 4 pieces of folded papers.

The raven haired opened all of them up and he smirked.

"The blueprint of the port mafia."

Fukzawa finally spoke up, "How could he have gotten it."

Ranpo smiled to himself, "I'm sure Dazai would explain himself when we get him back."

At the corner of each paper wrote the numbers, 5.4.8.0

That mist be the shelf number of the certificates and files of the port mafia.

"Wait, that's quite favourable against us. Mori did give us permission to go theough his research material.

"Yes, research material, not certificates and contracts.

"That means...we need to sneak into the port mafia..." Uasano concluded as Ranpo nodded.

---

Hello everybody, still on my trip and managed to write a 900 word chapter. May not update in a few days or until I come back. Please look forward to the next chapter.