Story 1 (Part 2)

So, I took the last few days of last week off, per suggestion of some individuals in the comments, to make an appointment with a Shaman, and with a Hypnotist. My boss gave me this week off as well because I was visibly tired and my performance was suffering, so I am appreciative of that. I haven't slept well since that night, and now since receiving the text message from James I keep having this reoccurring nightmare.

The dream takes place back in the clearing, my limbs are locked in place, and no matter how hard I think or try to move them, they won't budge. On the other side of the clearing is what looks to be a deer or some four-legged animal. However, the head region is obscured and blurry, so I am not entirely sure what it is. There is an overwhelming sense of doom and darkness that seems to linger, even after the dream has long ended.

Friday I was able to meet with the hypnotist, the whole drive there I was incredibly uneasy, and in disbelief, this whole situation feels like a horror movie. Though, reality set it once I pulled up to her shack.

"I cannot believe I am doing this." I whispered to myself.

I parked my vehicle and then began to walk towards the building/hut, cautiously scaling up the wooden steps, and rapping on the door a few times. The Shaman opened almost immediately, and the sweet smell of incense assaulted my nostrils.

"Hello, you must be Mr. A?"

"Yes ma'am, thank you so much for meeting me."

"Absolutely, it's my pleasure, come in!"

I followed her inside where she closed the large round door behind me. The interior was not what I was expecting for the alternative practitioner. I had imagined dirt walls, fur rugs, potion bottles, animal bones, and a wicked green fire roaring in a cauldron or something of the like.

Rather, this looked like your contemporary doctor's office, albeit with a few ornate light fixtures, feathers, and framed insect carcasses on the wall, and a shelve with some herb filled glass bottles and CBD oils. We walked into her office where she pulled a chair in front of her desk and then took a seat behind it.

Sat across from me was an older woman, I'd guess late sixties, of apparent native American decent. She wore a couple of ornate bracelets and necklaces, but for clothing choice she wore a striped light blue button up, and black dress pants.

"I know we spoke briefly on the phone; you had mentioned being troubled by the disappearance of your friend. I first want to tell you how sorry I am, truly." She spoke.

"I really appreciate that." I replied.

She smiled warmly.

"Now typically my customer bases are looking for diet and nutritional advice, ancestral relationship building, or emotional trauma. I'd love to start my program with you if you are trying to recover from this experience and move on in a healthy and natural way? Grieving the lost is tough, and I must let you know that this process will take some time."

I swallowed hard, confessing to another soul as to what I saw, I knew I was going to sound crazy. I didn't want to come off as a lunatic and be told to take some herbs and forget about it. Beads of sweat began to form on my forehead, my palms began to perspire, I managed to choke out the first few words.

"I am actually not here for any of those options, I want to ask you about something." I muttered.

A look of genuine concern fell upon her face.

"Of course, what would you like to ask me about?" She spoke.

"Well, I was there the night, when James went missing. But I don't think he just got lost or hurt by some animal. Something that night tried to bait he and I into walking into a thicket of woods. It sounded like a little girl, but when it finally revealed itself, it looked like something out of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. An ungodly hodgepodge of animal and human body parts."