Story 33 : It fucking spoke to me

Written by : u/No_Plan9840 (posted in Reddit group r/skinwalkers)

Year written : 2024, January 23

I'm not one to post these kind of things. I mostly just have reddit to look at bugs and read about roommate drama. But i had an experience in the woods one night almost 10 years ago that got brought up recently and thought i'd share here.

i (f16 at the time) snuck out of the house to go smoke weed in lynn MA woods at about 3am. It's not a huge sector of woods, just a wee reservation smack dab in the middle of the boston suburbs surrounding the local reservoir. I got to the entrance of the trail, parked my car, and made my way to the camp sites, about a 5 min walk, where there were fire pits available. It was a popular smoking area for teenagers, and I was one of them. I set up to draw by the fire I had made and begin to roll a joint.

As i was rolling, i had heard something on 4 legs come up from behind me. I didn't sweat it that much because where I'm from, the worst it could be was probably a coyote. but then you could hear it transition into two legs and walk with a bipedal gait. That confused me. Then everything went fucking silent. No crickets, no birds, nothing. The only thing I could hear at that point was the crackling of the fire and my own breathing. then i became really concerned like something bad was about to happen.

I call out, thinking maybe it was just a homeless dude working up the courage to ask me for some food or some money, since it was the city after all. I say hello and ask if anyones there. silence still, for about a minute. everything's telling me to run but I stay because i thought if it was an animal trying to hunt me I should stand my ground and make myself appear i'm not worth the risk.

Then whatever it was, it TALKED. It sounded almost like a parrot mimicking its owners voice, and it asked to bum a light. "can i bum a light?" it said. At first i'm relieved because at least I know it's not an animal, but the way it spoke was truly uncanny. I said "sure, but you have to come out where I can see you you're giving me the creeps dude". and then it asked again, and again. 3 times. Then i was really freaked and knew something was really wrong. I then told it to fuck off and find someone else to ask if he was gonna be creepy about it. then it ran off on all fours. you could hear all four feet hitting the ground as it ran away. The crickets came back, the night birds started to chirp again, and the air even felt warmer. that feeling of dread washed over me and i knew i had to fucking book it.

i calmly pack all my stuff back up, put out the fire, and make my way back down the trail to my car. I wanted to run but part of me still believed it was just a dude trying to get creepy with a 16 year old girl in the woods by herself, and if I played it cool and acted like i wasn't scared maybe he'd back off. my mother always taught me to make a scene in that scenario, and i was prepared to knife whatever came at me. I also thought maybe if it was an animal I wouldn't trigger it's hunting instincts if i just walked instead of ran. But man every hair on the back of my neck was standing up. that feeling of being watched is definitely real.

I finally see my car about 200ft ahead of me. I feel safe again but i'm still on alert. I feel secure enough to look behind me and sure enough maybe 40ft behind me is a male deer on its hind legs in the middle of the trail. I fucking freak. Ive never heard of a skinwalker, never believed in anything like them at the time. never even knew what they were. but i knew something about that image was seriously wrong and i lost my composure and booked it to my car. i made it back no problem and drove off before i could even turn my headlights on.

to this day, im 24 about to turn 25, I have never been back to those woods, or really any woods for that matter. I'm deathly afraid of nature now, which sucks. The very idea of spending a night in them makes me so anxious i feel nauseous. it wasnt until years later when i fell into a youtube rabbit hole in college (when you just pick one video suggested on your recommended page and let auto play take you wherever) that i stumbled on a video that described skinwalkers and alleged experiences people have had with them in the woods that i truly began to understand what i may have encountered that night.

this shit is real. idk if they're as aggressive or dangerous as people make them out to be in the stores ive seen online , because in my experience, it seemed pretty curious and backed off when i confronted it still thinking it was just a creepy dude looking to score. But to this day thinking about it makes me shudder and i get a put in my stomach.

id love to hear y'all's thoughts on this. id love to have this debunked even. i loved those woods and sort of want it to just have been a weird dude. but ive heard some weird, very similar stories from the locals about those woods and now i don't know what to think.