prologue

"You may think you're the King or Queen of this game but know that you'll forever be my pawns." - Me

———

What do you perceive as the term 'being human'?

For example, you could say:

To be a human is to be at the centre of your own universe, to experience life in all its colours and potential.

The list could go on and on forever yet...

The idea of 'being human' has meant- and will probably continue to mean- many different things. There will never be a singular answer.

Diving deep into it, surely we can all agree that the question in itself is a problem.

Humans are very... self-focused, and arrogant we shall say. We tend to think that being a 'human being' is somehow special and very important.

Hence we don't ask questions such as, 'What is it like to be a pig?' Or 'What is it like to be an elephant'. Our curiosity is limited to ourselves which is the deep root of a large ethical problem in human society.

The question 'What is it like to be human' implies a strong sense of narcissism and involves a striking obtuseness.

It's almost like asking, 'What is it like to be white?' It connotes unearned privileges that have been used to dominate and exploit the planet as a whole over the last millenniums. But we humans don't seem to recognise this because our narcissism is so complete.

The human being is a complex matter and many believe that just trying to understand life and what it means to be human is a futile undertaking.

We believe that we have to try to understand life and get a grip on the many faces of life because it can be of great value to us to learn to recognize the fundamental principles of how life is lived to the fullest.

Learning to recognize the good and evil forces of life helps us to make use of the good ones. To be human is to balance between hundreds of extremes.

Sometimes we have to avoid these extremes, but at other times it seems we should pursue them, to better understand life. With our roots in medicine, we believe in the importance of love for better health. The secret of the heart is when reason and feelings meet and we become whole. Where reason is balanced perfectly by feelings and where mind and body come together in perfect unity, a whole new quality emerges, a quality that is neither feeling nor reason, but something deeper and more complete.

I've never been able to live at the centre of my own universe nor have I been able to experience the world in all its colours. In fact, my world for a very, very long time remained white. I felt that my surroundings were begging for colour to seep its way in.

For me, to be human is to be selfish. To have desires of things that you personally want, to be a controller, a manipulator. To want to live in your own world and not be played a puppet by others. To be your own self.

Each and every person has their own definition of the question and every person is right in their own way. Some value opinions more than others but that's fine, no one has to agree with you. That's what it means to 'be human' right? To think for and be yourself. It's abstract, isn't it? Being human.

There's an endless sea of answers and I want to find myself a new one, after all, I am the God of my game, aren't I?

——

How's the prologue???? :)))))

If you don't like it then