interesting things

"It's easier to manipulate someone if they don't perceive you as a threat"

———

From having spent around ten minutes in this school, the freedom that I rightfully earned I can now say I won't have.

I don't have much to go off of but my head is telling me so and I always seem to follow my head. There was not a single blind spot for a camera. Cameras were littered all around the school. Of course many would be weirded out by such things, hence why they were hidden and camouflaged within the buildings. But the real question was:

why were there so many cameras?

Perhaps it could be to monitor bullying. Although many reasons could be why the cameras are there. Maybe to monitor littering? Or maybe you monitor every single thing that people do... that could be an explanation for the extensive cameras. But then again, who knows?

I'll explore the rest of the campus at another date and time but for now, I should probably head to class, shouldn't I? I might awkwardly be the last person there.

Whilst on my walk to the class I wondered... what was I going to do when I arrived?

Introduce myself to some people? With my lack of social abilities that would be rather awkward wouldn't it? I would introduce myself but have no idea how to continue the conversation.

Should I hand out my email on a piece of paper around the class? Hmm... that would class me out to be a loner wouldn't it? They would think, 'This kid can't even speak to us, it's sad that he has to do this', wouldn't they?

I'll go with my last option then, find my desk, sit in it and wait for someone to talk to me. Once I finally reached the class with the symbol 'D' next to it, I calmly pushed open the door and wandered around looking for my seat. There was a handful of people in here, perhaps the rest wanted to go and explore the school for themselves. After finally finding my desk in the far left window corner, I placed my bag on the floor beside it and sat down.

A boy in front of me turned around, "You have the protagonist seat, I'd die for that seat~." He said, "I'm Sotomura Hideo but you can call me the Professor!" He introduced.

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, nice to meet you, Professor," I replied.

"Nice to meet you too!" He said, before more people started flooding in and he made his way to introduce himself to others.

What did he mean by 'the protagonist seat' I wonder?

I looked to my right and I noticed that my seatmate was the Crime and Punishment girl. I glanced over to her desk and saw her name, 'Horikita Suzune.' From our altercation not long ago I had a slight feeling that she wouldn't give me her name if I asked. Hence I'm not going to ask. I'd rather stay out of unnecessary trouble.

The teacher eventually walked in causing silence to echo through the room.

"Good morning class, I'm Chabashira Sae and I will be your homeroom teacher for the next three years." She started. For the next three years? Does that mean-

"For your time at ANHS, you will not be changing classes so get to know each other well." She began to hand out a small book to each desk.

"These are the school rules. We have rather unique rules at this school. First, you must all live in the dorms, your contact with the outside world will be restricted, as well as your time away from campus." These were things that we had already known beforehand. And by far was one of my favourite rules of this school, 'no contact with the outside world'.