The Arrival

Author's note: So sorry if I get anything wrong, please don't take offense

Kasey

Me and my dad were just flying down to land on ICARIS's helipad when a voice came through the radio. My head began to thrum. There's a problem. We can't get in! I messed up somehow.

"Move to pad 2." a voice said. "There's a construction thing."

"Thank you." my dad said. "Will do."

I left our a sigh of relief and we landed on what I presume is pad 2. As we got out, we were greeted by a...hat?

"Hello Dr. Johnson." the hat said. I looked down to see a woman talking up to us. "I'm glad to have you join us."

"Hello Mrs. Wong." my dad said. "I'm glad to be here. So if Kasey here, right Kasey?" He squeezed my shoulders. 

"Yeah." I mutter. 

"There are plenty of kids running around." Mrs. Wong said. "They will keep you company as your father works here. You might even get to join their 'Dragon Club'. Some role-playing they made up." 

Dragon Club. Maybe I could pretend to me someone who isn't messed up. 

"That's really nice, but I think Kasey prefers to be kept alone." my dad said awkwardly. I don't blame him. My problems came up about a year ago and he doesn't know how to handle them.

To be honest, I don't either.

"Well, you can't escape them in class." Mrs. Wong said. "Speaking of which, you'll start tomorrow." 

My heart began to beat. Class. They'll find out that I'm an idiot soon enough. 

 "Yeah." I say. "Sure."

Mrs. Wong began to talk to my dad and I just follow them, staring down at the fissure.

Wait...What's that?

I watched as a flash of...something flew by in the fissure.

Probably nothing. After all, I know I'm crazy. Might as well add some hallucinations. Keep things entertaining.

This isn't going to end well.