The New Dragon

Kasey

We landed in a whole new world. Trees and plants everywhere!

"Whoa." I gasped, looking around. The green from the plants seemed so soothing and calming.

"Nice, huh?" Jun asked, getting off her dragon.

"Beautiful."

"Where's the sensor, Alex?" D'Angelo asked.

Alex checked her Ipad. "More deeper into the forest." she said.

They walked for some time. While the others looked for the sensor and the dragon that activated it, Ryan and I just looked around at the world that surrounded us.

"This is amazing." Ryan whispered to me.

"You said it."

"You get used to it." Eugene scoffed, hearing us.

"Guys!" Tom called. He was looking out into a clearing. "Over here!"

As we came up to him, I saw what was wrong. A dragon was tied by her feet with a chain, along with her wings and her...tail? She roared at us, trying to run away, but couldn't.

While she seemed to be fierce and deadly, some energy inside her seemed soft and...light. Kind of like mine.

Without knowing, I stepped forward to the dragon. "Kasey!" Tom called.

"Don't worry!" I called. "I'll be fine." My words surprised me. Me, the girl with anxiety problems that gets so nervous of disappointing people, going up to a violent creature. 

But this creature-this dragon-won't hurt me. Somehow, I knew. I slowly reached out with my hand. As I did so, the dragon calmed down and looked at me.

Just then, the dragon's snout and my hand makes contact. I felt an amazing feeling explode inside me. I could tell that the dragon felt it to. 

"Woah." Ryan muttered. 

"What?" I asked, the dragon nuzzling my back. 

"You bonded with a dragon." Tom breathed. 

 "Bonded?" I asked. As the dragon continued to nuzzle me, I noticed the chains once again. "What's with the chains?" I asked.

"This dragon is a Deadly Nadder." Tom said, looking into his book. "Their tails are supposed to release pointy spikes."

"Nice." I mutter.

"Let's free her." Jun said. As we reached for the chains, we heard a rustling in the background.

"Kasey." Ryan hissed.

I stood still, my heart pounding. "Kasey!" Ryan called, a bit louder.

As I quickly backed away, a man on the back of a purple dragon flew out of the forest. He was holding a...hatchet. "Tom!" he exclaimed. He eyed me and Ryan. "New friends! Nice! Allow me to introduce myself."

He smiled, a devilish look in his eyes. "I'm Buzzsaw, and you're tresspassing on my lands."