The Program

Sorry for publishing this part late. I was a bit sick. Please enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasey

I was in my room, sleeping when my dad barged in. "Kasey," he said. "Honey, wake up. It's time for the program."

"I'm sick." I croak.

My dad felt my forehead. "You're fine." he said.

"I don't want to go."

"Well, maybe it's time to get out a bit more," my dad said. "I feel that I'm been treating you too much, and that to help you, I have to push you a bit."

I stared at my dad. Mixed emotions whirled through me, but deep down, I knew he was right. "Okay." I mutter.

My dad smiled, stroked me hair, and kissed my forehead. "Thanks, Kase."

I changed my clothes and headed toward the visitors' center. "Hey, Kase!" Ryan exclaimed, seeing me. "Excited?"

My stomach twirled. "Oh, yeah." I mutter. Excited to be discovered.

We headed inside the visitors' center, where a couple of instructors were waiting for us, along with the other kids. 

The first day wasn't so bad. We just learned about different types of mental problems common for different ages. Surprise, surprise; anxiety was one of them for 14 year olds.

Toward the end, I managed to relax a bit. If the program was just learning about different problems, I was certain that I would survive it.

"That was informative." Jun said as we left the visitors' center.

"Yeah." I mumble.

"Let's go to the Dragon Den." Tom said.

And then, we spent the whole day flying around the Hidden World, looking for Buzzsaw and any troubled dragons.

We found a few in the Ice Realm, where he seemed to live most of the time. "I can't wait to catch that idiot." Ryan said, untying a dragon's leg.

"We think it might be best to leave him here." Tom said. "He has two men to back him up. Men that had been down here."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "And how did we not know that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Like I said," Alex said. "Not a good selling point."

"Let's go back now." D'Angelo said. "It's almost curfew."

"Yeah, yeah." Eugene mumbled. "We know."

By the time we reached ICARIS, it was dark. A bit too dark. Probably clouds, but a creepy feeling was in the air. Maybe Ryan also felt it because he said "I'll walk you home."

My stomach twirled but without the anxiety. "Sure." I mumbled, walking a bit ahead.

We talked about the usual stuff, such as our past lives, past friends, past enemies, etc. Everything about past-and-present problems.

When we reached my dome, Ryan stopped me and said "Kase, I felt like something changed. About how I feel-"

"Oh, look at the time!" I exclaimed suddenly, cutting him off. "I have to go to bed! Good night!"

"But-"

I practically ran inside and dove into my bed. I could hear my dad snoring in his room, not being woken up by me.

I don't know why I just did what I did but if Ryan was going to...confess to me...I don't know what I would have done.

On one hand, I think I like him back but, on the other, I don't want to ruin our friendship if things don't go well.

Argh! Why does love have to be so complicated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just noticed that this was pretty short, so sorry about that.

Also, expect a slowed process in my story. I'm getting busy with school and everything.