the secret he hides

I was sitting on a chair nervously waiting for Misa as I heard shifting the background. "Misa...are you sure you know what you're...um...doing?" I asked nervously.

"Of course I do! Misa Misa is an expert at anything that includes fashion " she continues looking through things until she lets out an "Aha!" And walks over to me with a pair of scissors and walks over to me with them and a spray bottle filled with water, "I'll make sure to cut your hair exactly how you like it!" She spoke excitedly and turned the chair around to get a better angle at my hair.

I looked in the mirror seeing my newly cut hair styled in a (h/s) way, I smiled at the mirror as I no longer felt annoyed with the long hair I had before which always reminded me of the times at the facility and now reminded me of my times at Wammy's.

"How do you like it?" Asked Misa.

"I love it." I turned around and smiled at her, She then gently held my face and pulled it close to hers.

"Wow Y/n the haircut really suits you it makes your face prettier than it already is." My eyes widened as she spoke in awe. I look away and blush slightly with a small smile.

"Thank you...you're really pretty too..." I say flustered.

We stay like that looking into each others eyes for a while until Misa's phone started ringing.

"Oh! Sorry I have to take this!" She apologized and pulled away from me and went to the other room.

"I wish that could've lasted a little longer" I whisper to myself while blushing slightly. 

Misa came back into the room a few minutes later with a weird look on her face "I'm sorry but my boyfriend called! I have to go meet with him." She looked guilty but then smiled slightly "can you clean the kitchen and living room? If you do we can watch another movie together!" She spoke enthusiastically.

"Yeah...that sounds nice!" I spoke excitedly "I'll do a good job!" 

She left with Rem following behind her.

I had spent the day cleaning the kitchen and living room with the help of my vectors and before I knew it a few hours had passed and I was finished cleaning, I went to the room Misa allowed me to stay in and I layed down to rest until I looked to the side and saw the box which contained the ribbons which were gifted to me by Papa and my old... friends.

I walked to the mirror while holding the ribbons which papa gifted to me years ago which were cut unevenly by those two boys, I sighed at the memories and tied the red ribbons over my horns into bows like how I did before when they were once one. 

"I look like a child" I sighed annoyed at how childish the ribbons looked on me but I smiled slightly at the nostalgia.

"They look cute on you!" Misa popped behind me.

"H-how long have you been there!?" I say startled.

"Long enough to know you used to wear really cute ribbons! Why don't you wear them often!? They look so cute on you!" Misa spoke cheerfully while Rem remained silent behind her. "Rem don't you think that they look cute with ribbons?" Misa turned to Rem while hugging me.

"I don't find things 'cute' like humans but" Rem smiles a bit "I do find it quite pretty."

We had spent another night watching a movie together while eating popcorn,  it was nice as it reminded me of my time in Wammy's which I missed so dearly.

I woke up and looked at the clock seeing it was around midnight and look over to see that Misa was asleep on the couch beside me, she looked so pretty asleep though it wasn't that surprising as she was a model but I didn't care as I had never seen a girl as pretty and kind as her in person...I was lucky to have her as my friend. I stood up and walked to the room I stay in and pulled the ribbons off my horns and put them back in the box, I notice another ribbon and my eyes widen as it was the ribbon Mello had given me for my birthday, I gently picked it up and took a long look at it as many memories flooded in.

I walked to the mirror and put the ribbon around my horns and my eyes began tearing up as I had been remembering all of the good times at Wammy's "Mello...Matt, Linda....Near" I dropped toy knee's and began quietly sobbing "I miss you...come back" I sobbed out as my hands covered my eyes as tears dripped through them.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" I jumped at the sound of Misa's voice which sounded concerned.

"Uhh... yeah" I spoke quietly trying to hide the fact I had been crying.

"You're lying." She walked towards me and hugged me from behind "you're wearing a different ribbon...does it have to do with it?" She asked concerned "you can tell me I'm your friend Y/n." She smiled at me.

"Just remembering some memories from when I younger... nothing else." I answer while wiping the tears on my eyes.

"It's okay Y/n...you'll find your friends one day!" She turned me around and wiped spare tears off my face "Misa Misa knows it!" She hugged me closely.

She took me to the room I was staying at and slept beside me in order to comfort me.

"Thank you Misa." 

I woke up and looked to see Misa wasn't there anymore but I didn't mind her gesture was nice. I looked in the mirror and noticed my ribbon was still tied around my horns, I sighed but instead of taking it off I fixed it up to make it more presentable.

I changed into some clothes Misa lended to me which was a mix of her own and her boyfriend's...come to think of it I never met her boyfriend.

I walked out of the room wearing a oversized grey sweater which hung off my left shoulder and I wore a pair of cargo shorts with it which probably belonged to Misa's boyfriend and I also wore a pair of knee high socks. The outfit looked a bit childish but it was fine.

On my way to the kitchen I heard voices, one belonged to Misa but the other belonged to a unknown male? I walked closer and saw Misa with Rem standing behind her while infront of her was a male who looked thin yet tall with brown hair which swiped to the side of his face and he had eyes which were brown like his hair, he wore a a dark button up shirt and a pair of pants.

"Oh? Y/n you're finally up!" Misa said excitedly.

"Misa who is this?" The boy asked slightly annoyed.

"Oh right! Y/n this is Light Yagami my boyfriend!" turned to me and then turned back to Light "and Light this is Y/n they are my roommate and friend!" 

His annoyed look quickly turned into a friendly smile which seem filled with malice.

"A pleasure to meet you Y/n" he smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Yagami!" I spoke cheerfully but I didn't fully trust him.

'What are you hiding Light Yagami?' 

I finally posted the chapter after so much procrastinating 😭. But I'm glad I'm finally getting farther into the story normally I would've given up by this time but I hope to finish this fanfiction and make more! I hope you all like my writing!!