M̵e̴m̷o̵r̸y̷ ̵f̴r̴a̷g̶m̸e̴n̴t̸

Year- 1999

"Y/n!....up!"

I heard a voice I couldn't hear what it was saying that well.

"Y/n! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see Matt shaking me.

"Im up, Im up." I say tiredly while rubbing my eyes.

"Do you not know what day it is today!?" He asked full of energy as usual maybe even more today.

"No...?" I asked confused as I had just been woken up.

"Its your birthday!!!" Matt began shaking me.

"C-alm dow-n!" I struggle to say as he shaked me. 

"Oh! Sorry." He looked away a bit embarrassed.

"Oh yeah today is my birthday." I realized and smiled slightly. "That means im 10 years old now!" I smiled at Matt while he had a huge grin on his face.

"C'mon let's go! Everyone is waiting for you!" He pulled my hand.

"I still have to get changed I don't want to go out in my pajamas" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh... right..well I'll wait outside for you!" He quickly left the room and closed the door behind him.

"Weirdo." 

I finished changing into a simple black t-shirt and a pair of baggy jeans and I fixed up my bows and smiled in the mirror.

"I'm ready!" I yelled out and Matt quickly entered and took my hand basically dragging me out of the room.

"Slow down!" I say as he dragged me across the halls to the cafeteria basically running at full speed and slamming us both into the doors leading into the cafeteria when he wasn't paying attention, he opened the doors and there was Near, Mello and Linda.

"Happy birthday!" They all yelled in unison.

"You all remembered?" I say suprised.

"Of course we did! We've known you for around two years now!" Linda spoke happily.

"You're our friend...we thought it'd be nice to do this" Near twirled his hair between his fingers.

"Duh! Plus you're always so nice to us!" Mello added in.

"Thank you guys...you didn't have to" I smiled at them.

"I almost forgot... I made you a gift." Near handed me a stuffed doll with button eyes and h/c hair with ribbons on the top...it was a doll of me.

"It looks.. exactly like me" I smiled at the doll as I held it gently "thank you Near!" I smiled at him as I brought him into a hug.

"It's... not much of a deal...but im glad you like it.." Near smiled warmly at me.

"Oh yeah Y/n!" Linda pulled out a small bag and in it she pulled out a box...it was cookies of my favourite bakery that Papa used to get me.

"Linda...how did you know!?" I smiled excitedly.

"I remembered you talking about them one time and I figured out that in town there was your favourite bakery near by." She smiled.

"You get me Linda" 

Matt then tapped my shoulder and I turned around to see he bought me cd's of my favourite band.

"I saw you listening to the same songs on repeat from them so I got you this" he said smugly.

I smiled widely as I saw the CDs and pulled Matt into a hug as I squealed excitedly.

"Matt you're the best!" 

"Its no big deal" he smirked.

Mello walked up to me holding a box which looked oddly pretty.

"Here." He spoke bluntly.

I grabbed the box and opened it revealing a long beautiful f/c ribbon.

"You always wear that red ribbon and I thought maybe you use a new one so you could preserve that one...y'know?" He said nervously.

I smiled at the ribbon and grabbed it and walked out of the cafeteria and took my old one off and put the new one on and I walked back in.

"Its... beautiful." I hugged Mello closely "thank you Mello."

3rd person 

"Hey boss' you've been staring into the wall for almost forty minutes you doin okay?" A tall man with many tattoos nervously walked up to a thin short man with a blonde bob.

"Its nothing. Go back to work."  The young man ordered as if he was annoyed by the question.

"Yes sir..!" The older man sped walked away.

"Y/n...today would've been your eighteenth birthday... I'm Sorry I left you that day... I'll find you one day..dead or alive." The man took a bite out of the chocolate bar he held as his blue eyes stared into the wall.

"I promise."

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS KINDA SHIT. It was kinda rushed and I had no idea what to do but next chapter will get better I swear!!