chapter 1

Friendship can mean two things, one is a bond between people who know each other, two is something memorable. Let's dive into the story of a friendship closer than any other.

Yujin, just a high school girl trying to make ends meet after running away from home. She was lost alone in the real world and had to deal with the consequences of running away. Luckily, a stranger she met along the sidewalk was as kind enough to help her and let her stay with them for however long she needed to get back into her daily routine.

"Yujin, don't put your feet up on the couch for gods sake." said Gaeul, her temporary roommate who helped Yujin during her time of need and has been living with her for 2 years.

"Who are you? My mom?" replied Yujin with a joking accent.

Gaeul kept quiet and that alone causes Yujin to get a little terrified and put her feet off the couch.

"How's work? I remember you told me that it was paying you well." asked Gaeul.

"Ugh, it's a couple of dollars an hour just to serve food to people and get pissed off by the mothers who always have to complain about the smallest shit." Yujin replied with an increasing tone.

"Woah, woah. Don't swear. I see that the job is really hitting you hard. When will you move out anyways?" Gaeul asked, not because she wants Yujin to leave sooner but because she was worried about Yujin's future since Yujin had basically nothing.

"Probably next year. If I can't move out at all because of this shitty money system, I might go back to school and finish up my studies. I'm only 17 after all. It's not like I can get a full time job." Yujin replied with a thought that there was no hope for the future.

Gaeul packed her bags and was about to leave for her extra dance classes but was stopped by Yujin's depressed look. She hesitated to ask her what went wrong as she would be late for her classes but went along with it.

"Yujin, you don't seem alright after talking about that. Just tell me what's up. I can help you whenever and wherever. I don't care if I'm late for my classes." Gaeul asked Yujin while sitting next to her on the couch.

"I really don't know how hard life is going to be when I have to return to school if I never move out because I clearly will be unable to move out as my life is a total mess and I can't even afford basic shit." Yujin ranted at a fast pace and Gaeul held her hand to calm her down.

"Hey, just breathe and relax. I'll take care of you no matter what. Now, you can sit here or maybe go to the bedroom. I'll head off for class now. I'll see you at night, okay?" Gaeul calmed her down.

She smiled at Yujin to make her feel more comfortable while grabbing her bags and heading out the door. Yujin laid flat on the couch and threw a pillow onto her face then proceeded to scream out of anxiety.