chapter 6

The following day, Gaeul was preparing breakfast in the kitchen while Yujin laid down on her bed and used her phone. Yujin was scrolling through old photos of her and her old friends. She was slowly tearing up from the memories. Gaeul knocked on the door and opened it.

"Yujin, food's ready... Yujin?" Gaeul asked out of concern after seeing Yujin crying.

"Huh? Oh, okay. I'll be there in a few minutes." Yujin replied while staring at her phone and wiping away her tears.

Gaeul felt very concerned and went over to Yujin. She sat on her bed and talked to her.

"Yujin, please tell me what's wrong. Why have you been this depressed lately? You were never like this." Gaeul asked while softly tapping Yujin's leg.

"After you made like 5 friends in 3 hours and introduced me to them, I remembered about the fun times I had with my old friends back when I was still in school. They don't talk to me anymore because of some false rumours that the school had announced the day after I just disappeared. I don't wanna talk about the rumour because they just destroyed my reputation of being a good student." Yujin ranted while sitting up.

"Hey, it's alright. Let all the anger out. I apologise for what I did. Maybe, these new friends I made could be your friends as well. You could have a new friend group that will always listen to you and trust you." Gaeul said while hugging Yujin and patting her back.

Yujin stopped hugging her and smiled while wiping away her tears.

"Thanks. I needed that. Come on, let's go eat breakfast!" Yujin said while jumping out of bed and running to the living room.

Gaeul slowly got up and ran after her while smiling.

As Yujin and Gaeul sat down on the sofa to eat, Gaeul's phone rang.

kim JIWONy: yo, you said you were going to the mall with me today. Where are you?

Gaeul picked up her phone and sighed.

KIM jiwony: I said 7:30pm before dance class.

kim JIWONy: so, I waited here for 2 hours for nothing?

KIM jiwony: dumbass

kim JIWONy: no u 🫵

KIM jiwony: cya at 7:30pm

kim JIWONy: alright 🫵🤡

"Who was that?" Yujin asked while chewing her food.

"One of the friends I talked about. Anyways, I have no classes at all tomorrow so do you wanna go out with me and the 5 friends I made? We're having the picnic hangout as I said." Gaeul asked.

"Sure, I have nothing else to do." Yujin replied.

-------------------------

Jiwon kept her phone in her pocket out of embarrassment. She sighed and just walked around the mall. Upon reaching a McDonald's, she saw a familiar face. The person turned around.

"Jiwon!" Rei exclaimed and waved to her.

Jiwon had a mini heart attack after realising it was her crush. She waved back and slowly walked up to her.

"H-Hi..." Jiwon said while looking down and standing next to Rei.

"You good? I'm waiting for my order. You want something?" Rei asked.

"Oh, no. I-I'm okay." Jiwon replied.

"You don't sound okay? We can share the fries. Go find us a seat." Rei asked.

Jiwon walked around and found a seat for 2 people. She sat down and was anxiously tapping on the table while waiting for Rei. Rei walked over with a tray full of food in her hands and sat down.

"Have a fry. So, are you okay?" Rei asked while looking at her.

"I was never able to say it when I first saw you at the cafe but... I like... you. You. Like you. I like you. Not like. Wait- I mean like but- I love you. LOVE. Love. You." Jiwon said at a fast pace while shivering.

Rei was in shock and dropped a fry that was in her hand. Rei looked down for a moment and looked back up again.

"I- I have no words... you actually love me? Like crush-type?" Rei asked.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. I mean- sorry. Sorry if this is awkward to you." Jiwon replied.

"I can't think of anything at this point. Honestly, you're kind of pretty. I mean like PRETTY. All capital letters. Beautiful. Hot. Wait- no- not hot. I mean you are hot. Shoot." Rei exclaimed and Jiwon giggled.

"So, do you wanna... you know..." Jiwon asked.

"Sure. Yes. First answer. We'll let the others find out." Rei replied and they both laughed.

They both shared the meal while talking about their friends. They were basically in heaven.