chapter 2

Gaeul was running for her life to make it to her dance classes on time. She has never ran this fast before in her life. She caught a glimpse of the dance studio and increased her speed. She pushed open the door, ran to her class's dance studio, ran in and fell to the floor with her bags in a mess.

A girl with a beige-ish blonde hair was kneeling down to Gaeul and looked like she wanted to help her as Gaeul looked like she had ran away from a giant monster chasing her down.

"Do you need help?" The girl asked her.

"No, I'm alright. I just thought that I was gonna be late if I never ran to class." Gaeul responded while heavily breathing.

As she picked up her bags off the floor, the girl responded to her saying, "you know, it's only 7:30pm, right? Class doesn't start until 8:30pm."

Gaeul stood still like a statue with her bags in her hands and stared at the girl. She couldn't believe that she was an hour early but ran all the way there. Gaeul walked to the benches in the studio and placed her bags down on it. She then sat on the bench and just started to catch her breath. She then felt as if something didn't feel right. As if the class wasn't familiar to her.

"Hey, what class is this again?" She asked the girl.

"It's 2B, right at the translucent door, right there." The girl responded while pointing at the door.

"So, I'm in the right class but I haven't seen you before. Who are you?" She asked.

"My name is Jiwon. Kim Jiwon. I already know who you are as we have been in the same class together for a couple of months." Jiwon responded.

"Then, how don't I recognise you? I have never seen you in the same dance class as me at all." Gaeul asked.

"Probably because I have been mostly getting some private lessons and was taken to another building to practice rather than this. I have only been here for three weeks, I suppose." Jiwon responded while looking around the place.

As the clock had struck 8pm, more of the students started arriving for dance lesson. Gaeul wanted to get to know Jiwon a bit more so she started to ask her some questions like what kind of food she loves so that it could help with understanding her more better. Their conversation was interrupted by a wave of students dashing towards the door. Gaeul and Jiwon were curious and walked over to the crowd. An extremely tall girl with long silky smooth hair and a Starbucks drink in her hand walked in and was waving at everyone as she made her way to the benches.

"Who's that?" Jiwon asked as she had rarely seen her due to only having three weeks of public dance lessons.

"That's Wonyoung. She's the popular girl everywhere she goes. She went to the same high school as me before I graduated. She goes to the same dance lessons as me since I was in high school. Not gonna lie, she's pretty skilled at dancing." Gaeul gave her full detailed response.

The clock was nearing 8:30pm but Jiwon wanted to make friends with people unknown to her so she went up to Wonyoung while everyone was distracted.

"Hey... you're Wonyoung, right?" Jiwon asked softly.

"Yes, I am. You're Jiwon, right?" Wonyoung responded and it shocked Jiwon.

"You know who I am? How?" Jiwon asked with a surprised face.

"You're the girl that gets the special treatment and gets private dance lessons. I'm not jealous or anything, it's starting to sound like I am, but it looks like those private lessons are paying off because your skills are impressive and you kinda... inspired me to continue dancing... as I originally had the intention to quit." Wonyoung responded while her words started getting softer at the end as she was ashamed of confessing that to her.

"Woah... I- thank you so much. Like you're super skilled as well and thank you for the compliment. Is it a compliment? No- not saying you're rude or anything but- like," Jiwon was at a loss of words and paused when Wonyoung giggled.

"You're welcome and you're funny. Wanna be friends? Those other people who always crowd around me are only my friends because they want attention and are using me for fame. You, on the other hand, are funny and nice. What do you say?" Wonyoung asked as she then put her hand out to give Jiwon a handshake as an approval of their friendship.

Jiwon nodded super fast as she violently shook Wonyoung's hand out of excitement. She then let go quickly and apologised for the way she was behaving. Gaeul was watching from the other end of the bench and smiled.