chapter 9

They all sat down on the picnic mat and started sharing the food they had.

"Woah, this cheesecake is so damn amazing. Where did you guys get it?" Jiwon asked.

Rei pushed her slightly for swearing.

"We got it from the cafe that I work at. My co-worker is talented at making delicious cakes." Hyunseo replied.

"So, anybody have any interesting things to talk about?" Gaeul asked before sipping her coffee.

"We've never really met Yujin before and you're her roommate so how's it like living with Gaeul?" Wonyoung asked while chewing on an apple.

"She treats me like her child. Strict but caring." Yujin replied while smirking.

"Don't say that." Gaeul said while blushing.

Jiwon and Rei were eating the cheesecake. Jiwon grabbed a part of the cheesecake onto her fork and held her hand under it while feeding Rei. Rei ate it and smiled at Jiwon.

"So, whose duck is that?" Yujin asked.

"It's mine! His name is Ji. I found him yesterday while playing on the swings. He's now mine forever." Jiwon replied while petting him.

"You seem like a duck person. What's up with the cowboy hat?" Yujin asked before laughing.

"Rei made me wear it. She bought it for no reason and wanted me to wear it so she could take a picture and put it as her profile picture." Jiwon replied as Rei patted her cowboy hat.

The others laughed. They all started to talk about some things that had happened in their lives while eating their food and drinking their coffees.

"You guys are the best people I could've ever met. If it wasn't for me just walking in the city, running early for class, talking to somebody popular and going to the cafe, I would've never met you guys." Gaeul said while blushing out of embarrassment.

Everyone awed and Wonyoung hugged her.

"Gaeul's right. You guys are an amazing group of friends. I'm glad to have met you guys." Yujin said while slowly crying.

Hyunseo handed her a tissue and hugged her to make her feel more comfortable. Gaeul was tearing up a little as she knew about Yujin's situation. Jiwon rested her head on Rei's shoulder and Rei patted her head.

"It's already 1pm. We've been here for 2 hours. I wish this day would never end." Wonyoung said.

"What if it didn't?" Jiwon said.

Everyone looked at her out of confusion.

"We could do a sleepover and my house!" Gaeul blurted out loud.

"I'm sorry. I have to be home by 3pm or else my parents will yell at me." Hyunseo said.

"It's alright. How about this Wednesday? Right after my dance class and after your shift. We all could hangout together at me and Yujin's apartment until the next morning." Gaeul said.

Everyone else nodded out of excitement. They continued their conversations and finished up their meal. Once the picnic had come to an end, they packed up and went home.

Yujin jumped onto the couch and Gaeul closed the door.

"You're right. Those people are the best! They reminded me of my old friend group before the incident." Yujin said.

"I'm glad that you're now comfortable with them. We're such a fun friend group." Gaeul replied while putting the house keys into her purse.

"I'm gonna doze off now. You comin?" Gaeul asked before going into their bedroom.

"You can take a long nap if you want. I'll just be out here." Yujin replied.