chapter 7

The clock had struck 7pm and Gaeul was searching for something in her bag.

"What you lookin' for?" Yujin asked while sitting in the couch.

"I lost my AirPods. They're not in the case." Gaeul said out of confusion.

Yujin chuckled.

"What?" Gaeul asked.

"Play some music." Yujin told Gaeul.

The sounds of Girl's Generation's GEE filled Gaeul's ears. She looked down in embarrassment. Yujin laughed it off and waved goodbye to her. Gaeul waved back and left.

Gaeul was walked towards the nearby train station and ran towards the train that was about to leave. She managed to jump into the train just in time before the doors shut. The other passengers stared at her. She took out her phone and texted somebody.

KIM jiwony: hey, I'm gonna be there in 10 minutes. Where are you?

kim JIWONy: I'm going back to the mall. I went home after realising my mistake.

KIM jiwony: I'm gonna be joking about that all year long.

As soon as Gaeul stepped into the mall, she went to the nearest McDonald's to meet up with Jiwon. Jiwon was searching for Gaeul and found her at the McDonald's.

"I'm getting deja vu. I feel like I have been here before." Jiwon said while looking at her surroundings.

Gaeul shrugged it off and ordered her meal.

"Do you want anything? Dance class is like an hour longer today." Gaeul asked while pointing at the screen.

"Oh, no. I already ate today. Actually, just one iced tea. The lemon one." Jiwon replied while panicking a little.

"Are you okay? You've been anxious since we met." Gaeul asked.

"I feel odd in this McDonald's. I can't describe the feeling. I'll just find us a seat." Jiwon replied and walked off.

She went to find a seat as Gaeul waited for their order. She sat down at a table and her odd feeling grew stronger. She couldn't remember anything that had happened when she was in the mall and assumed it was her anxiety for her upcoming dance class. As Gaeul brought the food to the table and sat down, Jiwon felt more odd and confused.

"I won't take "I'm okay" for an answer. You clearly look horrified." Gaeul said.

"I feel like I've been here before and sitting here with somebody. I just can't remember." Jiwon replied.

Gaeul gave Jiwon her drink and ate her meal. While staring at Gaeul, Jiwon had a flashback of when she and Rei were having their first date at the same table and the same McDonald's. Jiwon screamed out of panic.

"I think you need to go home. You don't need to go for class today, I'll help give you an excuse." Gaeul told her while holding her shoulder.

"No, no. I'm fine, now. I remember what had happened. My memory has been glitching recently and I can't take it. I keep forgetting everything." Jiwon replied with her hands on her head.

"I can help send you to a professional and see what's up with your memory. Right now, just finish your drink. We'll head straight to dance class after this." Gaeul said.

After one tiring dance class, Jiwon, Gaeul and Wonyoung were walking to the nearest park bench. They sat down next to a playground.

"Class was a nightmare. Our instructor never even showed up and the replacement was a pain in the-," Wonyoung said but was stopped by Gaeul putting her hand over her mouth.

"I know, at least the three of us can chill here for now... wait. Where's Jiwon?" Gaeul asked.

They both looked at Jiwon who was swinging on the swings and having the time of her life.

"Jiwon, won't you rest after that? Your energy will be gone if you swing." Wonyoung asked.

"Who cares? I'm having the best day ever!" Jiwon said while swinging higher and higher.

Gaeul and Wonyoung giggled while looking at Jiwon. Something caught Jiwon's eye and she jumped off the swings. She then ran to it and pet it.

"GUYS, LOOK! A DUCK!" Jiwon screamed while petting and hugging it.

"Somebody's attached." Gaeul said.

Jiwon carried the duck with her to the swings and they both swung together. Gaeul and Wonyoung awed and took a video to capture the moment.

Once it had reached 11pm, they all were ready to go home.

"Come on, Jiwon. It's 11pm and we should go home now." Gaeul said while carrying her bag.

Jiwon held the duck in her hands while grabbing her bag.

"You're not bringing that home with you, right?" Wonyoung asked while pointing at the duck.

"I don't care what anyone says, I'm keeping it as a pet now." Jiwon replied while petting the duck.

Wonyoung and Gaeul looked at each other and shrugged. They all walked off and went their separate ways.