Introduction

"Why steal brooms when you can steal a groom?"

~Sir Jadeja

~~~2023~~~

The ICT is tired of Shubman and Ishan's blindness and absolute inability to see what everyone else can: they're not *just best friends* who spend every moment of the day together, pine if they don't meet for three days and smile at each other all the damn time, they're *soulmates*, or rather, *visually impaired soulmates*.

~~~2027~~~

Suddenly Ishan wakes up four years later to a Bhojpuri song blaring and Rishabh tells him that it's Shubman's wedding. Ishan doesn't remember when that happened. But yes. The ring, the fancy clothes, the family drama...everything's here.

Shubman's getting married... and Ishan doesn't like it.

But his team's right here to jump in to his rescue, steal a groom, and do everything... only the ICT can do.

___________________

A/N: Yes, a big A/N is due

A/N: Yes, a big A/N is due. Firstly, my partners in this absolutely ridiculous story are Laughsmileseek, sassy_reads and notajoke77 and we've been laughing so hard for the past hour discussing it.

Now just for a moment I go back to my own self in 2019, when I first joined Wattpad.

I took the penname Neha because I didn't want anyone to know I write fanfictions (my real name, as a lot of you know now, is Trisha). And I had certain principles which I stuck to very firmly: I write only and only about friendship. I can't and don't write romance. And as for shipping a pair from ICT, GOD no.

Add to that my crush on Shubman from 2018 U-19 World Cup. My dislike (to put it mildly) for Ishan from 2018 IPL.

Yeah, I had a lot of principles, but somehow one story by Arathy shubman_writes, her first, changed a whole lot of my perspectives. Then her second book and a talking-to by sassy_reads taught me that I should be brave enough to admit, mostly to myself, but to others too, that they have changed.

So I'm a hardcore, crazy ShubIsh shipper now, and nothing will convince me they aren't made for each other (which my 19 year old self would be just horrified to know, but I'm not her anymore) and I like Ishan a lot. I'm of course still very lousy at writing romance, so I delayed my craving to write a ShubIsh story right till I got this chaotic idea. A bit of sappiness amidst chaos I can deal with.

That was a long introspection.

Cheers, Neha