Hi hi hi hi

"RINKIYA KE PAPA

HI HI HI HI HAS DELE...

RINKIYA KE PAPA

HI HI HI HI HAS DELE..."

"Ishan, get up!"

"Five minutes..."

"For god's sake get up, there's a hell lot of work to do!"

"I thought it's an off day today..."

"Off day! There are going to be no off days till all this is over, young man!"

It was Rahul bhai's voice. By the time Ishan opened his eyes, Rahul was already stomping out of the room, banging the door and shouting, "And why does the job of waking these dolts up belong to me! Of course! They all have to go and buy fireworks!"

Fireworks...in Delhi... thought Ishan sleepily. Wow, did they forget about the pollution news that popped up every day?

"Rinkiya ke papa

Hi hi hi hi has dele...

Rinkiya ke papa

Hi hi hi hi has dele..."

The song seemed muted now. Ishan rolled over to switch off his speaker; now that Shubman wasn't here to irritate, the song had lost some of its appeal.

His speaker had fallen over the bedside table. When he'd finished cursing and retrieved it, he discovered it was already off.

"Rinkiya ke papa

Hi hi hi hi has dele...

Rinkiya ke papa

Hi hi hi hi has dele..."

Ishan frowned.

Where was the song coming from?

"ISHAN KISHAN, YOUR FIVE MINUTES IS UP, IF YOU DON'T GET UP RIGHT NOW--"

"Rahul bhai," broke in Ishan. "Who is playing the song?"

"WHAT--SONG?"

Something squirmed inside Ishan. "Can't you hear?" he asked nervously, and braved the risk of Rahul bhai's rage and hummed along a couple of lines. "Hi hi hi hi has dele..."

"I don't know who is playing that stupid song. I am not in charge of the song selection, thankfully. Yuzi bullied Shahneel into letting him be the DJ."

"Yuzi bhai and Shahneel di are here?" Ishan sat up.

"What is wrong with you?" demanded Rahul. "Do you think you're being funny?"

"Er--"

"WELL, IT'S NOT FUNNY. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE FUNNY. YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF THE FLOWERS AND THE DEALER IS DUE IN LESS THAN AN HOUR. GET YOURSELF DOWNSTAIRS IN--"

"Hello, Rahul bhaiya," Rishabh's voice came politely beyond the door. "There's a tiny bit of bad news. Your, um, dulcet tones have set Ishita and Kiara bawling, and half our remaining manforce who didn't go to the market for fireworks left their chores to quieten them."

"Yes, I'll show them." Rahul drew himself up to full height, eyes blazing. "I'll show them. And you, Rishabh, get this idiot downstairs in ten minutes."

(Not) Just a dream (OR, the ICT steals a groom)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें