King

1303 words

------------------

------------------

Walking around mindlessly around the arena you sighed. The brick walls did nothing to help the ache in your heart. The cheering outside fills your ears. "Am I...nervous?" You thought. "It can't be helped I suppose..." Truth be told you were kinda anxious for the current round.

For both players, it wouldn't end up good. You had met Zerofuku once before. He was so kind to everything and everyone around him. Earlier you had taken a peek from one of the entrances to spectate the fight. It pained you to see how Zerofuku had turned out to be.

Mankind is not innocent you know that more than anybody. However, you still believed that completely erasing them was not right.

Sighing deeply you climbed a pair of stairs. The endless hallways looped around as you soon came to a complete stop. Your ears perked up at a distant sound. "What is that sound-!?" You quickly jumped backward as the wall to your left was blasted wide open. The once complete stone wall now had a giant hole in the wall.

You stared in amazement as you watched a man confidently walk out. You looked him up and down and realized he wasn't a God. "A human? Why is he..." Your thoughts were interrupted as the man turned to your direction.

A smile on his face as he pointed at you. "You there! Help me get back to my room. It seems as if I have wandered around too much!"

You mentally face-palmed at his boldness. Nonetheless, you walked up to him. A similar smile to his plastered on your face. "May I know who you are? That is if you would be so kind as to share?" You asked him.

He grinned at what you said before placing his palm on his chest. "Of course one such as you deserves to know. I am Qin Shi Huang."

You hummed in acknowledgment. "Ah, he is on the list of contenders for Ragnarok. The emperor of China huh? Someone like him has done so much for mankind's existence." Your smile widened. The thought of someone like him fighting for the humans excited you. "I...I can't wait to see this man fight!"

Chuckling you nodded your head. "I should see to it that you arrive safely to your room my king." You laughed once more as you let out those words. "I'm not sure where it is but I shall try my best. Let's try to backtrack your steps?"

"Alright!" He yelled out as he walked in front of you. Going to where the hole was he walked through it. On the other side, another hole could be seen.

You sweat dropped as you turned to face him. "Where you the one that made all these holes my king?" You noticed how he didn't immediately respond.