Choose

2560 Words

------------------A few days since battling the thunder God had passed

------------------
A few days since battling the thunder God had passed. Nothing of interest was going on, well until today. You were sitting in one of the many rooms in your estate.

The fusuma doors closed as you sat on your knees in front of your short table. Three tea cups in front of you as well as a teapot in front of you. 

You had one of the cups in your hand, your reflection on the tea as you stood still, the distant sound of bells in your ears. Small ripples appeared on your tea as the door slid open.

"Yo! Y/N, Ryubu, and I are heading down to earth. Do ya want to come join us?" Raijin said as he bent down a little and came into the room to avoid hitting his head.

The tall man smiled as he saw you place your teacup on the table. A quiet clank as it met the wooden table.

You turned to him and sent a smile his way. "Did you cut your hair Raijin? I'm sure it was longer than it is now." You saw him fidget with his white hair.

"Well, I don't think it's much of a difference..." He mumbled as he became worried that you did not like it. "I suppose you're right, your hair is still long, longer than mine even." You laughed as you got up from your sitting position. 

You shake your head as you begin to leave the room. "Sorry, I won't be able to join you I'm afraid...I am expecting someone to come meet with me soon." Raijin looked surprised, "Do ya know who it is?" He scratched his head as he followed you out. 

You stopped walking in the middle of the pathway and turned to him. An irked expression on your face. You came up to him and flicked him on his forehead. "Youch!!! Why did you do that!" He yelled as he rubbed the spot.

"Your face makes me mad sometimes. You also ask stupid questions, how did I get stuck with such a dumb brother." You shook your head in a disappointed manner as you continued to walk again.

"I was just asking!" He cried out. You snickered at him, "Oh and to answer your question I do not know who it is." As he heard you speak he just looked at you in annoyance. 

His annoyance was quick to turn into confusion. "How could you not know? Can't you look into the future or whatever?"

You only laughed it off as you waved goodbye to him. "Well, whatever, I'm leaving now." He said before heading towards the front to leave. 

"Raijin" You called out his name to which he stopped. "What now?" He grumbled as you quickly walked up to him.

"Remember you have to set an example." You told him as you pointed to his black colored kimono. It wasn't on correctly as the left side was completely off his shoulders.