Past

2105 words

-------------------You were staring off into the sky while sitting down on the grass

-------------------
You were staring off into the sky while sitting down on the grass. A peaceful smile on your face as you rested your chin on your palm.

You smiled at yourself as you saw the vast flowers and other greenery that went on for miles. Currently, in your garden, a certain patch of flowers has started to bloom.

You sighed, you were hungry. So, you made the difficult decision to leave your garden for the time being.

Looking around your garden once more you saw the beautiful flowers. You kneeled as your hand went to delicately touch the petals of a pink peony.

The flowers in your garden were special, that was no doubt.

As they lead people to their rightful path. Rumors spread that they're the most beautiful flowers ever to lay your eyes on. They glow to represent one's self. At times they allow people to see when they will die.

Standing up you began to head to the large wooden doors that closed off the area. The stone walls reached high above. Once you set foot outside of your garden you began heading back home. Following the stone path back to your estate you let out a grumble.

Your mind is filled with various thoughts. They varied from the most random things like what you would be having for lunch to things much more complicated. You halted as your ears perked up. "What was that sound...?" You mumbled to yourself.

You stood still in the middle of the path you were taking to go home. You looked up, eyes darting to the trees around you.  You hummed in satisfaction as you found nothing.

You reached closer to your home as you shook your head. Clearing your head so you won't get distracted and make it home.

......

"Oh lady Y/N! Welcome back, we have prepared lunch for you already. Feel free to enter the dining hall when you wish." One of the workers from your estate came up to you as he bowed his head.

You smiled at him as you nodded your head. "I see, thank you for informing me." You thanked him and in return, he met your eyes and smiled brightly. He was quick to say goodbye and went on to do his other duties.

You walked the many hallways to make your way to the dining hall. Your eyes wander around the wooden walls decorated with various paintings and adornments. Yet again you stopped, this time clearing out the sound of your heartbeat in your ears to make out whatever it was that you were hearing.

You took a step forward and the sound drowned out in your ears. You continued soon arriving at the dining hall, you entered. Being greeted by numerous workers you quickly sat down and ate.