Dark

Chapter 6: Dark

It's been a week Damon moved out. Took Junior with him. I'm spending most of time staying at my trailer. Nik calls me to come to the pub but I always end up making excuses. I guess, not to be close to my brother didn't hurt me then the way it's hurting me right now. That's probably our bond. Atleast when he was here, we saw each other daily.

I haven't met Elena after our date. I had planned a nice evening which I couldn't give it to her due to losing Junior. I'll ask her out soon when I'll be sober enough and in a mood for an actual date. A date that she deserves.

A knock on my door wake me up. I lazily get up from my tiny couch, rubbing my eyes. As I open the door, I gasp. It's her. Elena, with a delicate smile on her face.

I help her with the crutches to get in. "What are you doing here?" I ask her. She wiggles her eyebrows. "Are you complaining?" She asks me. I bob my head. "No, no. I'm glad but you should have called me. I could pick you up" I say as I help her to sit on the couch. She willingly takes my help. I'm happy that she's comfortable around me.

She flashes a smile. "Mmm, I wanted to but I thought you wouldn't answer" she says honestly. I smile. "I'll always pick up your call" I tell her.

She bites her lip. That's hot. "I bought you something" she says as she unzips her bag and picks out something. A paper, I guess.

"This is for you" she hands me. I curiously take it with a grin. "What's that?!" I say unfolding it and notice it's Junior's. He got an A in mathematics. I smile widely "Wow! He really did good" I tell her. She smiles. "He mentioned in school that you helped him with maths. That you're good at it" says looking at me but then she stops and looks up "Despite you have never been in sixth grade" she adds. My face turns red in embarrassment.

I chuckle. "Thank you for the compliment and this" I point it out. "Do you want something?" I ask her. She shakes her head no.

I give her a questioning glare. "My guts saying you didn't come here just for this" I shake the paper in my hand. She fidgets her fingers as her gaze falls. "No" she tells me.

"I came to check up on you" she says gazing at my eyes. I can see her feelings for me in those perky eyes. I lick my lips. "Thank you. I'm happy that not having anyone to call as my own, I still have you" I tell her.

"You'll always have me" she says excitedly causing me to choke. "Did I say that loud?" She asks me as she bites her tongue.

I laugh. "And I want to be with you in every way" I tell her. Her smile fades as her mouth gaps open in shock. Bold move!

This is going too fast. I just met her two weeks ago, went on a date with her once, I barely know her and her personal life and yet I'm playing a bold move.

"Stefan!" She whispers my name, closing her eyes. I bend my knees as I take her hands from her knees to hold.

"I want to know you. I want to be with you. I know it's too fast. We know nothing about us. I barely know about you but I want us to go on with it" I tell her looking straight in her eyes.

She closes her eyes. "Stefan, stop. You're just lonely and you're saying this because I'm the only person available now" she tells me which pins in my heart.

I shake my head. "No, I'm serious. I'm falling for you hard. I fell since the day I saw you talking with Junior. I can't express in words how much I'm feeling for you, Elena. Just give me a chance" I tell her, getting emotional in my raw voice.

Her face gets hard. "I'm nothing but darkness, Stefan. Trust me, you don't want me. Coming here was a mistake" she tells me bitterly. She grabs her crutches and tires to get up. I try to help but she stops me. I back away as I get up.

She take steps carefully to get out but she turns back. "When I said you'll always have me, I didn't lie. You'll always have me but only as a friend. I'll meet you when you won't be lonesome. Take care, Stefan" she looks at me seriously.

She tries so hard not to show any affection towards me but I can read those eyes. They're glistening. Glistening with unshed tears. She's hiding herself from me but above all from herself. I know she didn't mean to be bitter.I move too fast.

"Bye, Stefan" she says as I watch her get out of my trailer.

I sigh out. I ruin the only chance I've with her. You're going to die single, Stefan.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.