Red Roses

Chapter 8: Red Roses

Elena was sad for several days for rejecting Stefan. Stefan contacted her but she thought it was best to not be in touch with him. But the growing feelings for him that she has been developing, she can't resist it. So, one day she picked up the phone. She talked with him. He sighed in relief when she started talking to him like they had.

And that's when Stefan asked her to go on a second date. She hesitated. But she eventually agreed. It was the happiest day in Stefan's life. They picked out a regular Sunday.

Elena's wearing a red dress top, black jeans to cover her legs. She hates to show her fragile leg though.. She doesn't ashamed of it but people.. well their eyes get guled to the leg which makes her uncomfortable. They pity her which she doesn't like.

She fixes her hair, light make up on. She adds extra highlighter to get the pretty pink on the cheeks. She smiles after spending an hour getting ready for Stefan infront of the mirror. She picks up her purse and smiles when she receives a text from Stefan. He's already on the way. The gleeness on her face is intoxicating.

She walks on the walkaway after getting off the bus. Five minutes away from the dine they're going into. She notices a flowers shop. And the red roses are calling her to pick them up. Would it be weird if she picks out flowers for Stefan? Come one, it's 2023. It's not weird if a girl brings flowers for the boy. It's normal. Good boys deserve to be treated well.

After all the hesitation she walks to pick up the flowers. She asks the lady to make a bouquet of red roses. She smiles and tells her she's got good taste. Elena smiles and says it's for her date. The lady accepts the money and hands Elena the flowers. She tells her to have a great date and her date is going to love the roses. Elena nods and thanks her, smiling widely.

As Elena turns to the left to fix her crutches while holding the bouquet, her eyes get a glimpse of him.

Her smile slowly starts fading as she clearly gets a look of him. She's not hallucinating. It's real. He's really here. He's standing ten feets away from her infront of her while people are passing by him. Only if the people know how much of a beast he's!

He took her everything. Her family, her dignity, her happiness, her smile above all her respect. Respect that is the most precious thing for a girl to have. They can lose their life but not the respect. But he took it from him. He theft. He robbed. He humiliated.

She can't see regrets in his eyes. He has the sinister smile on his face just like that night....

She can't forget the night. She tried to forget it but it's unforgettable. It haunts her. She screams at night. No treatment, no therapy can fix it. No one can. She's too fragile. She's too damn broken. Because it was him, behind all this. He broke her.

Now, he came back. Come back to destroy her once again. Once again, he's going to hurt her. Why did he come back? There's nothing left in her except a body that's walking around. Because her inner self has already dead. She has buried her after her mother hanged herself because of her. Why is he here? What has left in her for him to take?

This day is supposed to be a special day for her. She thought she started moving on. All thanks to Stefan. He was making her feel the things she used to feel when she was known. When people used to watch her with respect. When people used to value her. He was making her special.

Why God can't let her be happy? Doesn't she deserve to be happy? What sin she did that God is punishing her? Is she really that evil?

With all the thoughts she's having in the middle of the walkway while he's smiling at her creepily, tears dripping off her eyes. She's shaking up. She can't breathe. She can't move. It's like she's a statue, stoned. Her inside is screaming, telling her to run. Just like the night she was running. Running and holding onto her dear life but she couldn't save herself. She couldn't. She screamed. She screamed with the top of her lungs but nobody heard her. Nobody came to help her. They didn't leave her until they were done with her. Only left when she was unusable.

Elena feels someone shaking her up. She can hear her. It's the flower shop lady. Calling her. Elena leaves a deep breath as her tears dripping off her eyes. She drops the bouquet. Her crutches fall off the ground and then everything goes black. All she can hear a loud thud on the floor. She can smell blood but she's too fragile to call for help. She closes her eyes. She's falling asleep. The blood is spreading. Blood is getting touch with the red roses. The red roses are getting darker and darker.

Elena :(

Any thoughts/ prediction?

Anyways, this story isn't going to have like 30/40 chapters. And sadly this story will not have smuts or you know sexual tension. I hope I'm not disappointing anyone by this.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.