My Truth

Chapter 10: My Truth

Contains Sexual abuse and mental breakdown

"I'm Elena Gilbert and I'm a survivor of an abusive relationship."

I was born in Toronto, June 21, 1992. I share a sibling named Anna Gilbert. My parents are or should I say were very happy when they were blessed with me. They were struggling to have a child until they had me.

Our little life was going well. My neighborhood was very friendly. We all knew each other.

My father was a dentist and my mother was working at a corporate office.

My younger sister just completed her high school graduation and I joined university.

And this was when my tragedy started. I wasn't born handicapped. I had the perfect legs to walk around.

I had a boyfriend back then. His name was Cody. In the beginning he was very nice to me. He was that kinda man you wanted to spend your life with. My relationship was with him going well.

Until one day my mother out of depression committed suicide and everything went down. My father couldn't tolerate to lose my mother. He had a heart attack. My sister and I were left with no parents.

We need financial support. But My father had enough wealth. Enough to help us to complete our studies. Cody moved in with us. I was happy that atleast I had someone to stay by my side.

Things were nice at first. He was caring, showing kindness to me and my sister, became our mental support. We started moving on.

One day I was out for some work, as I came home back I found my boyfriend coming out of sister's bedroom. I was confused because what was he doing in my sister's room.

I came to check up on her and I found her lying on the floor crying. I held her in my arms asked her what happened? But she said that she was missing our parents as she kept her eyes locked with Cody who just happened to be standing behind me.

I believed her but deep down in my mind I knew something was fishy. My sister moved out to live with my aunt few days later which shocked me.

She had to leave her own house. She only said it that she couldn't able to stay in the house because our parents memories were haunting her. I understood her.

Cody had changed after that. He always came home late and drunk. Forced me to have sex with him. When I refused, he started physically hurt me and had sex with me without my consent. When he got his sense back, he apologized to me and I was so dumb that I fell for it. I forgave him.

Then it became a regular thing. He came home late, trashing my house, beat the fuck out of me.

I couldn't tolerate it anymore so one day I had a huge fight with him and I told him to leave my damn house. He got furious and he pushed me out of my window from the third floor.

I lose my leg. But he was good with manipulation so he played the victim card. My neighborhood was with him. They said that to make him leave my home, I harmed myself. He recorded and showed a loop video where I was screaming at him and I trashed my stuffs.

I couldn't believe these people. They knew me their whole life and yet believed a stranger. FIR was filled against me but he again played the victim card and told others that he forgave me because I was the love of his life.

I was locked in my house because of him. I couldn't even walk. He brought girls home as I was no use to him. He once made me sign some papers for some social work events then he forged my sign and signed on my property papers. My house, everything that I own was named on him. I had no penny, property, nothing to call my own and I didn't have any money to sue him for fraud either.

One day, I called my old friend Caroline. She told me she could save me from this. And she did. With her boyfriend or I don't know some men named Klaus Mikaelson's help. He came and helped me escape.

That's how I move in to Mystic Falls.

XXXXXXXXXXX

"I've seen you, you were staring at someone. Who was they?" He asks me.

I say nothing as I keep fidgeting my fingers. "The less you know is better, Stefan" I say calmly.

"Please" he pleads, taking my hands.

"Let me be here for you" he says warily. I look at his eyes. Those green eyes are glistening.

I sigh out. I can trust him. It's time for him to know me. The real me. I take a deep breath "I was in a relationship. After I lose my parents, he moved in with me. Everything was good until it wasn't. He was extremely abusive. He sexually abused my little sister, abused me, left me with nothing. He forged my signature and took everything that I own. My house, my farm house, land, money, everything." I pause as tears coming off my eyes.

"I wasn't born handicapped, Stefan" I break down, started crying loudly.

"He pushed me off my window that caused me to lose my leg" I tell him.

He immediately takes me into his arms. I hold my grip on his shirt tightly.

"Shhh! It's okay. It's okay. You're safe." He tells me.

"No, I'm not." I say against his arms.

He let go of me. Stroking my cheeks. Looks at me worrying.

I slowly open my eyes. "He's here. He's the reason why I'm now in hospital. He came back for me, to destroy me again."

One thing you should know my story don't inspire anyone in real life. It's a fanfiction just read it as a fanfiction. The characters are from The Vampire Diaries that I don't own. And my stories have no connection with anyone's personal life.

And I'm sorry if this chapter has disturbed anyone.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.