04 - Avoid.

...It has been 2 weeks since Kim Dokja and Yoo Joonghyuk has been "dating". Nothing from eachother's routines had changed except for the fact that the both has been walking and talking together after school.

But, there is a certain worry Han Sooyoung has been thinking about. It was the fact that Dokja and Joonghyuk started to get more affectionate and talkative with eachother in crescendo. She can't get it out of her head, as she worries about Dokja's grades and intelligence...

She sighs in class, fidgeting with her pen and thinking about the possibilities of Kim Dokja and Yoo Joonghyuk. (What if the rat bastard was actually the top? Wait...Do they really love eachother?....Nah. There's n-)

"Han Sooyoung, you deaf roach!"

It was Dokja's voice. He whispered directly into Sooyoung's ear, so for Sooyoung, it was already loud. But this luckily made Sooyoung snap out of her overthinking. She clicks her tongue in annoyance.

"What do you want, rat? Can't you see I'm focusing?"

She replied quietly, trying not to disturb the class. She was glancing at Dokja with judgeful eyes, looking him up and down as she waits for him to answer back.

"Well, don't you have any latest gossip?"

He asked in a hopeful tone that Soooyoung would have absolutely any, even bad or good. He looks at her with a charming smile, but all he gets in return is an "I wanna kill you." face. Dokja probably knew that if they weren't in class, they'd be like Tom & Jerry real quick.

Han Sooyoung did have gossip though, so she told him. While the two were blabbering with eachother, Joonghyuk, as usual, is ardently watching them from the back row.

He watched with interest, soft eyes staring at them and a stern expression, almost as if he was observing them and trying to see what they were talking about. And maybe even envy was hinted in his eyes...He just like the two didn't care about what the professor was discussing. There was no need for the three of them to listen anyway.

A number of people noticed Joonghyuk's suspicious behavior and where he was looking, few whispered about it to their friends and so it started to spread. He noticed this, obviously.

He took a glimpse left and right, overheard students, and a few giggles. That was when he confirmed that they were indeed talking about him.

He clearly gets irritated and furious by this as he slams his hands on the table and looks up at the professor, a gut showing out of pure madness. He even looked at the professor with bloodshed in his mind.

"I'm going to the restroom."

"O-Oh, okay."

He emitted a terrifying aura which left all students silent, except for Kim Dokja and Han Sooyoung. Everyone can hear their laughs and words vividly. As the door slams shut with a loud noise when Joonghyuk left, the two immediately stopped talking to look behind them, that was the only time they stopped.

More periods had passed that morning, and the concerning thought of Dokja and Joonghyuk crossed Sooyoung's mind again. It was lunch break, so it would be fine to discuss it with Kim Dokja, right?

"Hey, you bastard. You've been touchy with that Yoo Joo-"

Bang! The table shook, they looked at the direction of where it was from, which was next to Kim Dokja. They saw a food tray, looking up it was Yoo Joonghyuk with a stern expression. He had furrowed eyebrows which the both didn't know why.

Joonghyuk sat down next to Kim Dokja and started eating in an elegant manner, more elegant than anyone could ever be. The duo was surprised and somehow offended that someone had better etiquette than them.

(This is the second time I got cut off. In my mind and when I'm talking. Wow, for fuck's sake.) She was just the slightest bit disappointed about it and vowed to tell Dokja her agony when Joonghyuk left.

But it was no use. After lunch break, Joonghyuk was with Dokja the whole entire day. She felt like a third wheel or maybe the daughter of two parents.

It seemed like Joonghyuk was extra touchy today, clinging onto Dokja's hand was the most touchy he had been. Now, Sooyoung had a concern but also had great news. Joonghyuk looked jealous in her eyes, which made her happy to see that Joonghyuk gets distracted when he's with Dokja.

The day ends, and so does Sooyoung's life motivations. She sighs heavily, telling herself in her head to just text it to Kim Dokja while she was picking up her stuff. She looks up from her bag and sees the top 1 and 2 together, already leaving the class!! Together!!

(Shit, hopefully that rat bastard won't forget about the goal.) She thought to herself, as she hurriedly looked back at her bag and tried to stuff all her things in quickly. She then puts one strap on her shoulder and runs pass them so that she could send the message as soon as possible.

On the other hand, the two who saw her were weirded out.

"What's that grinch doing? She looks so damn stupid runnng like that."

Joonghyuk slightly flinches in response, looks like he thought what Dokja said was funny. He gives a small smile as they walked together. As again, Dokja's heart made another sound. Thump, thump, thump.

It wasn't just a sound, it was multiple sounds. His own heart thumping, again. He continued to stare at Yoo Joonghyuk's rare smile, finally. He's never seen it, even a single bit. It was just that rare, so rare he needed to remember it for as long as he could.

Yoo Joonghyuk frowns again, furrowing his eyebrows just like normal.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

He asked irritatedly, Dokja snaps out of it and looks back on where he was going, flashing on his salaryman smile...

"I was just thinking of something."

"I see. Fool."

"What did I do this time!?"

"You were being foolish."

"How was I being foolish!? You're just making things up!"

"Only fools can't understand why they're foolish."

"Nuh-uh, it means I'm so perfect and you're just jealous that's why y-"

"Shut up."

Unfortunately, Sooyoung couldn't send Dokja a message due to internet issues and there was no signal where she was, which was at the library with the attractive librarian, Yoo Sangah.

- - - - - -