Chapter 1 - The Trial of Ash Williams

Written by Red Dynamite

Cover Art by Pider-Mun

RocketPunk Productions Presents...

ASH WILLIAMS VS. THE OMNIVERSE

ASH WILLIAMS: Groovy.

Ash says as he gets into a modified Oldsmobile. He starts to laugh but is quickly interrupted. He sees the people around him start to disappear.. and then the sky, the ground, and eventually the car until.... nothing. Pure darkness.

ASH: What the hell?

Ash looks around and sees nothing. It's pure emptiness. All of a sudden... BOOM. He appears in a white room. He looks around and sees a man typing on a computer.

ASH: Hey, you!

The man turns around and looks at Ash.

THE MAN (SCREAMING DOWN THE HALL): We got another one!

ASH: Another whaaa-

The man grabs Ash's arms and handcuffs them. Ash drops the Necronomicon on the ground. The man goes to pick it up and Ash headbutts him, but he doesn't flinch.

ASH: Who the hell are you?

THE MAN: The name's Dom. Dom Toretto. I work for the Council of The Omniverse. We handle canceled properties like yourself.

ASH: Canceled what? Also be careful with that book. You don't wanna mess with that shit.

DOM: Whatever, man.

Dom grabs Ash by the arm and escorts him down the hall towards the big room. Once they arrive, Dom shoves Ash forward.

DOM: He had this book with him too.

Dom tosses the book towards the people in the seats and it's caught mid-air. It floats to the hand of Rey Skywalker.

REY SKYWALKER: What is this?

JAMES BOND: Why is there... a face on it?

ASH: It's the Book of the Dead and I highly recommend you do not touch-

OWEN GRADY: Zip it, hot shot. You're the one being arrested, you keep your mouth shut.

ASH: Just tell me what I'm doing here.

NEYTIRI: Maybe the book is some kinda secret code.

ASH: A secret code to getting you all killed!

A shield is thrown in Ash's direction but barely misses him. It goes back to the man who threw it. Captain America.

ASH: What the hell, man?!

CAPTAIN AMERICA: Please, watch your mouth when standing before the Council of the Omniverse.

ASH: Well, pardon my language, bitch. Now send me home.

JACK DAWSON: You can't be sent home. Home doesn't exist for you anymore.

ASH: What the hell are you talking about?

JACK DAWSON: Your world died. It was-

MYSTERY VOICE: Quiet!!!

A voice from the shadows screams. All members in the Council of the Omniverse immediately go quiet.

MYSTERY VOICE: Ashley Joanna Williams.

A lion walks out and sits in the middle. Three chairs to the left, three chairs to the right.

MUFASA: My name is king Mufasa. Here you stand before the Council of the Omniverse. You've been sent here due to serving no more purpose in the world of entertainment. You will be dropped down to the Prison of the Forgotten... what is that?

REY SKYWALKER: It's a book that he dropped. Dom gave it to us. It's got a bookmark in it.

MUFASA: What does it say?

ASH: No no no no no no.

REY SKYWALKER: Khandar..

ASH: Noooooo.

REY SKYWALKER: Estrada..

ASH: Stop it! Now!

OWEN GRADY: Shut up!

REY SKYWALKER: khandos thrus indactu..

ASH: Stop!

Rey Skywalker forces Ash to the ground, causing severe pain.

REY SKYWALKER: nosfrandus khandar dematos khandar.

They all look around. Nothing happened at all.

ASH: Great. Juuuust great. You've killed us all.

MUFASA: Send him down.

Jack Dawson reaches over and pushes a button, opening a trap floor below Ash's feet and sending him down to the Prison of the Forgotten.