Playmates

"My baby!" Sylvia ran and kissed the little sleeping fairy all over but when she tried to take the angelic child from Declan's arms, it was quite difficult for the man clutched the baby tightly into his hold even provoking the old man who was watching over the scenario.

"Give Rue to Sylvia and let's have a talk." The male without an arm did not listen for quite some time and only when his eyes registered his wife crying did he came back to his senses and embraced Sylvia before gently transferring his baby.

Dante stared at the fluffy little thing before the men moved out only to find the devil sitting in the sphere of Declan's living room downstairs without a sense of discomfort, Mikhail glanced at the paintings and photos decorating the wall. Even when he heard the footsteps he rather entertained himself.

"Mr Villar."

"Declan...if I am not wrong?" A series of photos and documents that Sylvesters have produced as proof that the only member who was involved in Seir's kidnapping was Dylan Sylvester were laid down on the table.

"Since when are you keeping tabs on him?" Mikhail smiled at Dante as if he was merely asking out of curiosity but there was much more to the imploring. Why would the Villar heir believe their words so easily?

If Declan saved Seir then he had done a favor to Villars and a favor could mean riches, position, honor, and protection. A connection that would even be paid with blood.

There was a huge possibility that Sylvesters wanted to take advantage of the entire situation and it was a mere play orchestrated by them. Grey irises that seemed to be smiling were more of a wolf reading their soul.

"The day before your marriage to Diana...when Sylvia wished to marry Declan, all of my sons opposed the idea except Dylan.

It was at that moment I knew there was more to the situation, further looking at the attack on Sylvia where Declan lost his arm, we found traces of Dylan colluding with the enemies, after the attack on Sylvia I asked the maids to check her food, clothes and even monitor her surroundings. Her food did not had poison but the essence of a drug that could slowly make a person sterile was found."

Declan listened to the things and the veins on his forehead bulged as if it was going to burst.

"So its been three years?."

"No, I felt suspicious of him since the first time I saw him, he reeked of disgusting greed for power thus I have never fully trusted him, when I married Sylvia, I asked father-in-law to rather feed him sterile drugs or he would very well destroy Sylvester clan with his own hands.

What we have suffered now is like a limb being cut down, but a limb lost is still better than dying and never rising again." Declan presented each and every evidence of betrayal that has been gathered over the years.

True

This was a huge stain on their prestige, a son being raised on equal footing as to an heir turned out to be conspiring against his own family, it would be a blotch of ink that would not be washed off so easily.

"Ask then." There was a silence extending for some moments before Mikhail smiled anything but pleased.

"Ask what you want in return for saving my son." Maybe it was a bizzare dislike but Declan did not liked Mikhail, it was not at the point of hatred, but the way he refused to give back his daughter to him...it was just hateful.

It could be said that the feeling was mutual, Mikhail did not had what Declan possessed.

Rue was his daughter not Mikhail's, thus when the next word left Declan's mouth Mikhail did not know if he was asking for a favor or doing one.

"I heard you have two sons, I want my daughter to have all her education alongside them, from childhood to the day where I feel its alright they must accompany my child."

It looked like he was asking for such an innocent thing yet Dante looked over gritting his teeth, firstly the idea of his granddaughter anywhere near Mikhail's sons did not suited him, further it was in reality asking for a lifetime of protection.

That the small angel would be raised alongside the Villar heir thus her security would be looked after by the Villars and Sylvesters, she would be under their wing and have a truly noble position of enjoying both Sylvester and Villar support. Dante was not sure if Mikhail would agree.

It was almost like asking a girl from other clan will be given the position of a princess of Villars.

"Its really a hassle." When Mikhail got up, Dante felt pleasure that such a thing was not to be done and his granddaughter shall only be his.

"But since you have done such a great favor then I will not only do as you asked but also escort Rue whenever necessary-"

"No need" Declan replied icily yet his words were ignored and Mikhail walked away.

"Its alright, no need to say thankyou." the moment that the door closed, a flower vase was thrown at the wood breaking it into thousands of fragments.

"Bastard! Is he thinking of stealing my Rue!"

Even the name was given by him!
Dante stood up and glared at the male, making Declan control his raging emotions and bow respectfully.

"Sir"

"How dare you place my granddaughter in that devil's hold? He could not protect his son then what said about Rue?" Declan hated that he had to ask Mikhail for this yet he was sure that there was no way he could miss this golden opportunity.

"If it was any other child, Dylan would have killed him without a thought, tell me sir why was it different for that child of Villars?"

The moment of silence forced Dante to think deeply before Declan continued.

"Seir, that boy had a monstrous support behind him and Dylan was well aware that sooner or later Mikhail would find the truth, I must not mix feelings with judgment and despite my dislike, I know that even if its Dylan, he would not ever try to mess up with Villars.

Sylvester's power is consumed and we will take some years to rebuild and come back with full force...but till then I would not want to see that scene again, see my daughter being taken away from me and my wife fainting with shock.

By the time I find Dylan, please let me borrow your and Mikhail's power to protect my Rue.