All I gotta do Is whisper in your ear, The words you long to hear

Based on this prompt:

"Are you singing?" for Dando

Lando could hear noise coming from the driver's room across from him. A noise that sounded very familiar.

Of course Daniel didn't close his door completely, so it was ajar when Lando peeked his head around the corner.

"Are you singing?"

"Nope," Daniel doesn't miss a beat when he answers. "I'm humming, actually."

Lando raises his eyebrow, shakes his head and pulls his head back, going back to his own drivers room.

~~~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~~

They're on the paddock, walking side by side, and there's that noise coming out of Daniel's mouth again.

"What are you singing?"

"Not singing. Humming."

Lando rolls his eyes, "What are you humming then?"

"Can't you tell?"

"No. I wouldn't ask if I did."

"Sucks to be you then."

And Daniel grins, now waving at some people who are calling their names.

Lando honestly wants to punch him, but settles on knocking his shoulder against the other man's, getting a laugh out of him.

It sounds much better than a hum.

~~~~~~~~~~************~~~~~~~~~~~~

They're sitting side by side on Lando's bed in his hotel room, playing Mario kart, when Lando hears that damn sound again. Even over the noise of the T.V.

It's ridiculous.

"Can you please stop humming." he punctuates the last word on purpose.

"No."

"No?"

"Nope." He pops the 'p' on purpose, grinning when he feels Lando's eyes on him.

"What if I make you?"

A curious tilt of his head, "Oh?"

Lando thinks 'fuck it' and presses pause on his controller. Daniel's eyes are focused on him now as he takes a deep breath and leans in closer to clear the distance and presses his lips against the older man's.

He feels Daniel start to smile into the kiss and can't help but to smile too, then slowly pulls away.

"Pretty effective."

Lando snorts, "Shut up."

"Make me."

Daniel does this stupid eyebrow waggle that gives Lando no choice but to actually really shut him up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~***********~~~~~~~~~

It's some days later, when they're laying in bed in one of their hotel rooms, Lando's head pillowed on top of Daniel's chest, Daniel's fingers running through Lando's hair, that Lando suddenly hears it....

"It's just me and Lando. After having some great celebration sex. I'm wondering if he'll fall asleep or if he's going to kiss me again."

Lando lifts his head up and stares at him, eyebrows raised.

Daniel smirks, "Now this is singing."

Lando snorts, "and this will shut you up."

He leans in to kiss him and it goes well for a moment, but then he feels Daniel's lips vibrate against his and he realizes Daniel is fucking humming against his lips.

"Oh for fuck's sake."

He pulls back and smacks a pillow, hard, into Daniel's laughing face because he seriously deserves it.