Together can never be close enough for me

prompt: [ sneak ] sender sneaks up behind receiver and puts their hands over their eyes to surprise them

let's switch it up a bit. Nico is interviewing [insert a driver of your preference], during interviewing this specific driver, Lewis decides to sneak up on Nico playfully, kiss him on his cheek and hug him from behind. (They are married) , the rest is however you prefer.

— <3

Nico was kind of excited to be back in the paddock, doing interviews again.

It had been a while, since RxR racing had kept him occupied. And all the speeches and lectures he did on a green environment.

Not to mention that he was a married man and his husband was still one of the greatest drivers of all time. But that greatest driver also deserves his attention.

It wasn't always easy....they both struggled to manage their work and time together into equal amounts.

Most of the time it wasn't really possible.

But they were together and happy and that was the most important thing.

When Nico was on the paddock at the media pen, he always felt the closest to Lewis that he's ever been, even if Lewis wasn't even near him.

It came with the memories of both being drivers for so long.

The paddock, in whatever country they might be, it always became like a second home.

All of the drivers became a second family.

He didn't know where Lewis was right now, but he had no time to search for him either.

Daniel was already coming over to him for his interview, looking just as radiant as ever.

He loved interviewing Daniel. Every interviewer did.

He just had this aura about him that drew you in and made you hang onto his lips with every word he said. And then his charming smile of course.

If he wasn't married to Lewis - - - No. That wasn't even true.

He wouldn't want to marry any other guy than Lewis.

He'd say he wouldn't want to marry anyone but Lewis, but sadly that wasn't the truth either because he was married to Vivian before.

But, he definitely took P1 in the 'guys he'd want to marry' category.

He took a last look at his papers before greeting Daniel and asking him his first question.

Daniel seemed to have his gaze fixed on something behind Nico instead of on Nico himself, which was a little bit confusing. But hey, it was Daniel after all.

But now he's asking his second question and Daniel is still looking behind him.

Nico is about to whirl around to see what's going on, but suddenly he's constricted by two strong arms around his waist, an all too familiar chest pressed up against his back and two lips pressed against his cheek.

"See you later, hubby."

Those words are whispered into his ear, but he doesn't have time to react (not that he could anyway) because the presence behind him is gone just as fast as he came and left Nico stranded there.

In front of all those cameras and phones and whatever else people used to make videos with these days.

He whips his head to look over his shoulder, just in time to catch Lewis winking at him.

If he was flustered before, it got even worse now.

And to make things even more embarrassing, he can hear Daniel's amused clearing of his throat.

"Is Nico Rosberg really blushing?"

God, he would like to kill Daniel right now. But not as much as he'd like to throttle his husband.

Damn him.

He would like to take a moment to compose himself, he knows he doesn't have time for that, so he just settles on clearing his throat too, running his fingers through his hair (he's definitely not touching the cheek Lewis' lips had touched seconds ago. Definitely not. Yes he is) and focuses back on Daniel.

"Right. Next question - - -"

He's totally forgotten the next question and Daniel laughs, pats him on the shoulder.

Nico has no other choice but to let Daniel go to the next reporter.

He's going to kill Lewis.

Having lots of fun doing so too.