Side Chapter 5: Demon Slayer Corps

"Oh god, it's her!" Kayla screamed as she pointed to the girl.

"My my, Tomioka-San is that you?" asked the girl, Giyuu sighed, "Yes, Kocho, it's me," he had an annoyed tone.

"You've been missing for quite a while, a few months to be exact." she started, "Who would've thought that when you finally showed up after months the first thing you do is defend a demon," she said cheekily, "This is why nobody likes you~".

At that last comment, Giyuu flinched. "Uh who is she?" asked a very confused Tanjiro, "That's Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Pillar, and although she's small she can be a BIG pain in the ass," explained Giyuu.

"Real," said Kayla. "You boy," called out Shinobu, "Uh, yes?" asked Tanjiro. "Why are you traveling with a demon?" She asked.

Tanjiro was having a hard time answering, he kept on stuttering and messing up his words so Kayla got in between. "I have a question for you, Ms.Shinobu," she said, "Oh? And what is this question, little girl?" asked the butterfly. "Since Giyuu wasn't here and supposedly there was a lower moon demon which meant two pillars were sent here and the only pillar I see is you, where's the other pillar?" asked Kayla.

"I am not obligated to share this information with someone who isn't in the Demon Slayer Corps," said Shinobu as she started twirling her sword.

"Fair enough," said Kayla, "But," started Shinobu, "How do know that there was a lower moon in this forest?" Kayla started sweating, "Uh..." she looked at Giyuu for an answer he shrugged, "I'm not obligated to share that information?" she asked more than answering.

At that, Shinobu smiled, "Well then, if you aren't going to tell me I have no reason to force it out of you." Kayla smiled, Thank goodness, she thought.

"Nonetheless you are traveling with a demon and as a demon slayer I have to slay it," and with that, she charged. Shit thought both Giyuu and Kayla as all four of them barely dodged Shinobu.

"What do we do?" asked Tanjiro, "The only thing we can do..." Kayla got up and started digging through her bag, she then pulled out a phone. "Seriously, now?" asked Giyuu, "What is that?" Tanjiro was confused. "Our ticket out of here!" Kayla exclaimed.

Shinobu charged again with her sword up front, Kayla, with her fast reflexes, turned her phone on and switched on the flashlight blinding Shinobu. "Agh!" Shinobu fell while clutching her eyes, "Now's our chance!" Kayla alongside Nezuko grabbed both males and started to make a run for it.

"I can't believe that worked," Giyuu was in disbelief. "If I'm being honest I didn't think that would work," Kayla said, "That stuff only works in cartoons," Giyuu gasped a little, "What's wrong?" Kayla asked. Then, out of nowhere, a girl dropped in a landed on Tanjiro. "Owwwwww," said both Giyuu and Kayla.

Tanjiro lifted his head from the ground, "Please!" he pleaded, "Don't stop now! Go and run with my sister keep her sa-" Poor buddy didn't even finish his sentence before the girl delivered a hard kick to the skull.

"Say no more!" Kayla started sprinting so did Nezuko, "Hey, wait for me!" Giyuu started following.

"That girl," the Raven started, "I think she's Kocho's tsuguko" "Yeah she is," Kayla confirmed, "Her name is Kanao Tsuyuri and she is a girl you DON'T want to mess with because she will kick your ass," Kayla explained.

"Well, that girl is right behind us," Giyuu was looking back. "Wha- oh shit she is!" exclaimed Kayla.

But suddenly, Kayla stopped, making both Nezuko and Giyu stop as well. "What are doing?" Giyuu asked, "Watch," said Kayla.

Holding her hand up she yelled, "STOOOOOOOOOOP!!!" and surprisingly Kanao stopped. Kayla then started talking to her, "Now Kanao let's not be rash here, you wouldn't want to kill your future sister-in-law right?" she asked, "I mean- looked at what you did to your future husband" Kayla pointed at a now unconscious Tanjiro.