Chapter 9 : Ephemeral Embrace

Asher forced a smile while serving drinks, while Eric looked at him from the dark corner of the club.

Having vented his anger by destroying things in the house, he was now quite calm. Thinking about something, he drank the drink in his hand and turned towards Asher, who was easily attracting everyone's attention with his fair complexion and pistachio eyes.

Asher was a bit more alert after yesterday's incident, less likely to be touched. Going back to the bar after serving drinks, Asher felt someone grabbing him by the waist and pulling him to the side.

Having already planned for such a situation, Asher hit the tray in his hand hard on the person (Eric) holding him. Unfortunately, it had no effect on Eric, and instead, the tray got dented. Asher widened his eyes at the tray and began to pull himself away from the man who had tightened his grip on him.

Eric continued to smile, seeing Asher's failed attempt. Then, he noticed Asher trying to break free, so he tightened his grip with one hand and covered Asher's eyes with the other, leaning down to his ears.

Asher, baby, don't even think of going away from me. I stay with you like a shadow," Eric said, lifting his head while touching Asher's cheek.

Before a second passed, Eric got lost in the crowd behind him. Asher placed his hand on his cold cheek and looked back, finding nothing but disappointment. Still feeling the touch of Eric's cold lips on his cheek, his heart pounded. Eric listened to it from a near distance while smiling.

A/N: "Dive into a world where forbidden love intertwines with dark secrets, as Eric, the mysterious vampire prince, grapples with a haunting past. The emergence of Asher, unaware of his true identity, ignites a complex web of power struggles, ancient grudges, and hidden desires. As they navigate a treacherous path between love and betrayal, they uncover long-buried truths that challenge their very existence. Will their entangled destinies lead to salvation or doom in this supernatural saga of passion, revenge, and the timeless struggle between light and shadow?"