Chapter 18 : Veil of Secrets

***************************************************************************************

"Why did Eric send you here, and why is he not coming to meet us himself?" Derek questioned the King in the palace, trying to gather information about Eric's activities.

"Derek, I have come to the palace for one of my assignments. As for Eric's engagements, he is currently busy with a project, so he can't meet," Derek explained, offering a white lie.

"Derek, you're making a huge mistake by lying to me," the King warned coldly.

"Why would I lie to you?" Derek responded with a puppy face.

"Then tell me what work you have come for?" the King demanded in a stern voice.

"Eric has obtained a witch ring, and she is constantly keeping an eye on the people around Eric. So, I have come to get information about the ring," Derek shared a partial truth.

"Show me the ring, and let's see which witch you guys couldn't defeat," the King said angrily. Derek took the ring out of his pocket and handed it to the King, who observed it closely. The ring was black with a small blue pearl in the middle.

"This ring belongs to BlackWitch, whose daughter was loved by Eric in childhood, the only friend of both of you," the King revealed, looking at the ring as Derek reminisced about his childhood.

She was known as Goldenwitch. Innocent and unaware of the attack, the King ordered her execution. Eric, who lacked attention and love during his childhood, became permanently distant after the death of his friend. His King took away someone dear to him, fueling his growing dislike and eventually turning it into hatred.

King ordered his special personnel to kill Blackwitch, suspecting her intentions to attack Eric. Derek, standing next to the King, suggested letting Eric handle the matter, but the King insisted it was now his affair, dismissing Derek. Tensions lingered as Derek pondered what to tell Eric about the missing ring and why he gave it to the King.

***************************************************************************************

A/N:"Dive into a world where forbidden love intertwines with dark secrets, as Eric, the mysterious vampire prince, grapples with a haunting past. The emergence of Asher, unaware of his true identity, ignites a complex web of power struggles, ancient grudges, and hidden desires. As they navigate a treacherous path between love and betrayal, they uncover long-buried truths that challenge their very existence. Will their entangled destinies lead to salvation or doom in this supernatural saga of passion, revenge, and the timeless struggle between light and shadow?"