PROLOGUE: BLIZZARD

Blizzard didn't know what to think about Queen Snowfall's orders. If he did make it up the Isolated Mountain, and back down, he would be a hero, but what if he failed? Would he survive? Or what if he made it up, but never made it down? Were there other dragons at the top?

I should have listened to Snowwolff. Blizzard thought. I should have let her come here instead of me. I'm not the right person for the job.

But he had to do it. For the prophecy, no matter what Snowwolff said. No matter who denied him, he had to get to the top of the Isolated Mountain.

If there were dragons up there, would they even let him through their territory? They would be away from the IceWing/MudWing war, so he thought that maybe if the dragons up there were MudWings it probably would be fine.

Maybe.

Blizzard looked around his snowy terrain on this ledge, and saw no sign of direction. He checked his pack, and sighed; he was out of rations.

Okay. Blizzard thought. Just have to push through it. Almost there.

Blizzard jumped up from his resting place, and started flying again toward the top.

There was a snowstorm going on, and it was hard to fly, even for a well-trained IceWing like Blizzard. Ice and snow kept crashing into Blizzard, trying to drag him down, back to his ledge, but blizzard kept flying.

I'll get to the top. Blizzard thought. No matter what.

When Blizzard finally got to the top, his wings were sore. He patted them and a sharp bolt of pain went through them, but otherwise, he felt fine, but very hungry and thirsty. It took the entire night and half a day to get there, and the sun was set, the moons came up above the horizon shining down at him. It was an annoyingly beautiful night. But he finally made it up the mountain. He looked around and saw nothing but fields of snow and only one shelter; a tiny cave in the middle of the fields.

"Ow!"

Suddenly, a sharp bolt of pain went through Blizzard's wings.

"What was that!" Blizzard said out loud. He grabbed his wings and crumpled to the ground.

Then he realized. I don't think my wings are sore. They're dislocated!

Blizzard was dizzy with panic.

How will I get back now! Maybe there's someone inside the cave that can help. Blizzard thought.

He started running toward the cave but, when he got in, he only saw an egg. An IceWing egg. Just lying there! Only a stupid RainWing would just leave their eggs lying like that. But it wasn't a RainWing egg. It was an IceWing egg.

"Smoking lizards." Blizzard muttered, his wings were still shaking with pain from dislocating them.

He took the egg outside, and saw that the storm had stopped, it was an eclipse tonight.

Just as Blizzard was thinking, Why did I come here? A huge crack splintered down the egg, and other cracks sprayed outward. Blizzard couldn't believe his eyes. He was watching life in progress! A tiny head popped out of the egg, then so did the wings.

"Growl?" The tiny dragonet squeaked.

"Mommy!"

He slowly crawled out of his eggshell and clumsily fell over on Blizzard's talons.

"Oof!" The dragonet said. "Mommy?"

"I am not your mom. Who is your mom anyway, little one?"

"Snoowfof!"

For an alarming moment, Blizzard thought he said Snowwolff, but then he realized that he was just making weird dragonet noises.

"Flambergibit mamma mama antagaloof lillawa." The dragonet rambled on.

"We need to find your mother, Frost." He'd said it without knowing it.

Frost! That's your name, little one. No. We don't have to find your mother. You're my dragonet, Frost. Blizzard knelt down to hug the little dragonet.

"Waaaaa!" Frost exclaimed. "Wasis?"

I know I said updates on Tuesday, but I couldn't wait!!