CHAPTER 5

Frost had only smelled smoke once when he was two years old, and he went outside the cave for the first time (that's how he found out he liked night). He walked around for a little bit and then he decided that he'd explore higher up. To the peak of the mountain. Frost's cave was on a small plateau by a cliff at the edge but he decided he would go up on a road that slanted upward to the peak.

By then he had just learned the Heart of Ice Prophecy. Although he didn't quite understand the "journey across the continent" part yet. He thought that he would find the Heart of Ice at the top of the mountain. So, he went up to the top to look for the Heart of Ice. When he got up he didn't find the Heart of Ice but, he did find something that resembled a normal heart.

It was red and bright but, it was on a log and this weird gray air was coming up from it but, the weirdest part was that it was tiny, almost as big as Frost's talon. Frost knew one thing for sure; it looked delicious. Frost picked it up by the log and took a huge sniff to see if it smelled good but he was coughing immediately after that experience. He asked Blizzard what it was and he said it was smoke.

This time there was a lot more smoke and the source wasn't a log; it was a dragon. Frost, Blizzard and Snow went over to see if it was actually a dragon. It was a dragon. This dragon was a red-ish, orange-ish, copper-ish color with big brown splotches all over her. Two other dragons came over to her from the cave that she was standing in front of. One looked almost like the dragonet but had no brown splotches on her but she did have smoke coming from her scales, the other one was completely brown with amber underscales.

Frost Snow and Blizzard came a little closer so they could hear a little better but, they were still pretty far away. Frost could see that the three dragons were standing by a mountain with two peaks next to each other. On the entrance of the cave there were flowers lined up on the walls and a sign on the front saying, 'Welcome Students' on it.

Suddenly, Frost heard a piercing roar come from the small drop at the top of the mountain.

A dragon with scales of the clearest white Frost had ever seen, just like Blizzard's, shot down from the sky and landed almost on top of Frost. Frost and Snowwolff tumbled down the hill in the opposite direction of the dragons so they were out of earshot. Frost smashed Snowwolff onto the back of a small pine tree. Frost let out a quiet roar of pain. Frost kicked Snowwolf in the belly. Snowwolff jumped back and fled, in the direction of the Ice Kingdom.

Frost could hear Snow and Blizzard calling his name.

"Frost." Snow said softly.

"Down here." Frost called back, weakly.

"Frost! Are you okay?" Snow asked.

"Yup, I'm fine." Frost said, getting up.

Frost, Snow and Blizzard walked back over to where the three dragons were talking and it looked like the copper one, without splotches, was anxiously talking to the one with splotches.

"Okay, my little fire starter." Said the orange one, with no splotches. "Remember if anything goes wrong your dad will be there."

"I'm fine, Mom." The orange one with the splotches said.

"Yeah. I think she's fine Peril." The brown one chuckled, taking Peril's talons in his.

Wait a minute. Frost thought. That's the Peril! Then that must mean that That is Clay! The MudWing Dragonet of Destiny! Oh my gosh, this is so cool!

The one with the splotches grabbed the brown one's other arm, and pulled him into the cave. "Bye mom!" She said.

"Have a good time at school, Scrollfire." Said Peril.