PART ONE, CHAPTER ONE: FROST

Night was Frost's favorite time. Especially midnight, because he could flap around (because he couldn't fly yet), alone, looking for treasure for Blizzard, the dragon who raised him. Blizzard was the only other dragon Frost knew on the Isolated Mountain. He told Frost very little about himself, but Frost loved to hear him talk about the history of Pyrrhia, like Darkstalker rising, the past SkyWing queen, Scarlet, or the Lost Continent, Pantala, and the breath of Evil. Blizzard flew up the mountain somehow, even though the dragons down on the surface think it's impossible, and found Frost an egg. He said that Frost was part of a NightWing prophecy, and he was going to find a Heart of Ice and save Pyrrhia.

Frost and Blizzard lived in some kind of small igloo, by themselves. If you asked Blizzard, he would say that he enjoys having Frost as company up there, but Frost thought that Blizzard was sometimes annoyed at Frost, for whatever reason.

He never really thought about it, though. It seemed amazing, being able to save Pyrrhia. It's been done before. Three times! But it was kind of boring on the Isolated Mountain, with no one for company except for Blizzard. He wanted to see the rest of Pyrrhia! He wanted to have experiences! But for now he was stuck up here on the tallest mountain ever.

Frost was flapping around, looking for treasure, when he found a small bump in the snowfields with a small pouch embedded in it. But for some reason, the snow seemed to fly away from it. And the bump looked a little sparkly.

That's not something you see every day. Frost thought. What is it?

Frost flapped over to it to investigate.

When he got a little closer, Frost saw it wasn't a bump; it was a dragon!

Another dragon! Frost thought This is the first dragon I've seen besides Blizzard. Is this dragon hostile or dangerous? Or is it nice? If it isn't a dragon, some kind of huge territorial animal, will it let me pass through its territory? Will it attack me?

I've never seen another dragon! How do we greet each other? It wasn't really hard with Blizzard, I've known him my entire life. Hmmm... I'll just walk up to her and say "Hi", And then I will say my name and ask what hers is. Yeah, that sounds right.

"Hi," Frost said.

The dragon popped her head up from the snow. She had an expression on her face that Frost didn't understand.

"Who are you?" She asked. The new dragon had sparkly white scales, and blue horns, and tail spikes.

"I'm Frost! Who are you? I've never seen another dragon before! Do dragons usually eat other dragons? Because I hope you don't eat me because then I'd be eaten, and I don't want to be eaten because being eaten is bad because then I'd be eaten, and I think you get it now.

"Do you? Because if you don't, that would be weird. Well, because it is kind of...." He added, noticing the expression on her face."

"No, not that, it's just I've only ever seen a few dragons before. Oh, and I'm Snow." When Snow said that, Frost saw her look down at the ground, her eyes filled with sorrow.

Frost pretended he never noticed it, and said: "Oh, me neither. Also, um, why are you digging?" Frost asked.

"I'm looking for treasure."

"Oh! So am I! Anyway, have you ever seen any polar bears? Aren't they so cute! They have so much fur. Blizzard told me that they could eat me, BUT he wasn't afraid of them, soooooo ... yeah."

"Uh—"

"Anyway, what's in the pouch you've got?"

Without looking away, she clutched her pouch.

"Oh, sorry." He said

"But who is Blizzard?! You said you've never met another dragon before!"

"Oh, Blizzard doesn't count. He was the one who raised me, so I've been with him like, my entire life."

"Then shouldn't he count the most?"

"Eh." Frost shrugged. "Anyway, let's go look for treasure!"

"Okay." Said Snow.

Snow and Frost flew-er flapped-around the mountain, looking for treasure. Frost saw a tiny blue glint in the snow fields.

"Look." Frost said. "Treasure!"

"What? Where?" Snow asked.

"Over there." Frost pointed a claw at a little blue glint in the fields.

"What treasure do you think it is? Sapphire, Pearl, Gold, or a Ruby!" Snow said.

"I have no idea what Ruby is, but it looks like a Sapphire." Frost said.

They flapped over to examine it. Frost knelt down, and saw that the glittering blue sapphire was shaped like a star. Snow came over to inspect it too. Frost held the star shaped sapphire in his talons. He felt a strange pulse coming from the star. It felt like magic.

"Can I see it?" Snow asked. Frost handed the star-shaped sapphire to Snow.

"Wow. Did you feel that?" Snow asked.

"Yeah, it felt like magic." Frost said.

"Do you think it's Animus Touched? No. Who knows if they're even real?" Snow said.

"What's an Animus?" Frost asked.

"It's a type of dragon that has special powers that can enchant, curse or even create things. Or animals! There are rumors that say that there are some still alive, but most people think they're all dead" Snow explained. Frost felt a stab of fear.

Oh, no! What if this sapphire IS cursed, and whoever touches it will get cursed too! What's going to happen to me!?! Will it just kill me, get the job done, or will it make it a slow and painful death, or will it just make me suffer!?!

"Do you think it's cursed or enchanted?" Frost asked, trying to hide the worry in his voice.

"I don't know, but I don't think it is cursed. I think it's okay. " Snow said.

Phew. At least Snow doesn't think it's cursed. What would Blizzard do? Frost thought. Whenever I bring him a sapphire, he puts it on his forehead and closes his eyes.

"Can I hold the sapphire again?" Frost asked. Without waiting for an answer, Frost grabbed the sapphire out of Snow's hands.

"Okay," Frost said. "Here goes."

Frost put the sapphire to his forehead and closed his eyes. Frost's last thought was Blizzard before he was instantly transported to a different place.

(Authors Note):

Do you recognize that blue sapphire? Let me know what you think of chapter one in the comments!!