CHAPTER 9

Arghhhh why am I doing this? I'm breaking all the rules right now! I'm going to get into so much trouble!

Around him, Frost heard the strange voice barking orders and dragons screaming, "Get him!" or "Don't let them escape!" When Frost was done cutting all the ropes, he looked at Snowwolff, she had a bewildered look on her face. He felt something sharp cut into his shoulder.

"Ow!" He roared and kicked behind him.

Frost jumped into the air, and Snowwolff followed behind him. Frost heard a Mudding yell, "Get them!" He heard wingflaps behind him.

"Why are you helping me?" Snowwolff asked.

"Because you're being controlled by someone, I know it. You didn't want to kill Blizzard! It wasn't your fault." Frost explained.

Snowwolff ducked her head. "Yes, we are being controlled. We think we're being controlled by the voice. Although we don't know his name, he tells us to call him The Master."

"Stop!" The Master suddenly said:. "Let them go. That kid can't do anything with the information that we exist. And Snowwolf was a useless asset anyway," he said. Snowwolff growled at him.

"Come on, let's get to Jade Mountain." Frost said.

It took a lot of flying, a lot of sitting down to rest, and a LOT of convincing Snowwolff to "GET HER GLACIER LICKING BUTT UP AND KEEP FLYING" by all the moons. But they finally made it to Jade Mountain. There was a very big argument about whether there therether Snowwolff could still be controlled by The Master, but in the end Snowwolff told them that they could only be controlled at Hope or within the Sky and Rainforest kingdom borders. So they decided that Snowwolff could roam free. After that, Frost really had nothing to do.

He flew around Jade Mountain a few times, he hunted for some food for a little bit, even though he wasn't very hungry. Then Clay walked up to him.

"Hey, how about that tour, huh?" He said.

"Um, sure." Frost said back.

"Well, it's not a tour, really. Today is Exploration Day, so you can kind of do whatever you want." Clay said.

When they got in, the caves were flooded with dragons. Frost heard dragons talking to each other, but it was even more of a mess in the prey center. There weren't only talking, but the dragons in there were chasing live prey. In the middle of the chaos, Frost saw a green dragon waving to him. When he made it over to the LeafWing that he saw, he noticed that she was sitting next to a fidgety SeaWing and another LeafWing that looked like the one that was waving.

"Hi, I'm Acacia. This is Mist, and that Waterwheel face over there is Branch." Acacia said.

"Hello." Branch said.

Mist waved nervously.

"You're Flurry right? Mist and I are both from the Jade Winglet too. We're trying to actually follow the rules and get the whole group to get together. Oh yeah and that's Silverhead over there; she's also with us."

"Oh, no, I don't go here. I'm just getting a tour from Clay." Frost explained.

Suddenly, everyone gasped. Frost looked up. Clay, Sunny and Qibli were walking down the halls of Jade Mountain, with Snowwolff walking in between them. There were no chains, of course. You know the dragonets of Destiny and all. They walked to the principal's office. When they left the hallway, everyone started talking again.

"Who was that?" Acacia asked, eagerly. "You looked like you knew her."

"She's Snowwolff. And yes, I know her alright." Frost responded.

"Oh, okay. Oh! That must be Scrollfire over there. Hi!" She said, and started waving.

Scrollfire looked around and saw Acacia waving to her, so she walked over to them with her food. She was carrying four cows. Wow, wow, that makes sense.

Something flashed in Frost's head—a picture of an IceWing and a NightWing standing in front of an egg. The NightWing was fiddling with their tail, and the IceWing was reading a scroll. But something was wrong; Frost could see inside their minds.

I hope Starspeaker is alright. The IceWing was thinking. If the egg really is hatching tonight their going to freak out.

He shot a worried glance at the NightWing, who was probably Starspeaker.

What the heck is going on? Frost thought.

He was back in the real world.

"Frost, Froooooooooooooost." Acacia was tapping his head. "You're just staring at Scrollfire's cows; do you really want them that bad?"

"Huh, what? Oh, no." Frost said. "I'll just, uh, go get some lunch."

What in Pyrrhia was that? Frost thought. I've never been able to read minds before, and now I suddenly can, but only for a little bit. What is going on?