3

I firmly believe that the clones gossip like nobody's business. 

Tw: Sexual references, blood, injury

Kara felt like she was being rocked, gently swaying back and forth. She let out a small sigh, before opening her eyes.

And screamed.

Rex dropped her in surprise, making her crumple to the floor in an undignified heap. 

"Why did you scream?" Rex demanded, clutching at his chest.

"Because I woke up in someone's arms!" Kara exclaimed, slowly standing up, dizzy and tired. "Why were you carrying me anyway?"

"You need medical attention!" Rex gestured at her head, blood still oozing from a cut. He pointed up ahead, where the medical bay doors were open. A man with lightning bolts shaved into his hair was staring at them in confusion.

"And why didn't you drag me along on the floor?" Kara hissed out, touching her fingers to her forehead. They came back, glazed in red.

"Rex?" The man called, hesitantly stepping into the hallway. 

"Can you fix her? I need to put her back in her cell." Rex gave Kara a push towards the man.

"I'm fine!" Kara insisted, smacking his hand away from her. She wobbled in place for a moment, taking a deep breath.

"You need to get that taken care of," the man interjected, looking at her wound in concern. "It could get infected, or you might have a concussion. It's best to just get it looked at."

"I'm fine!" Kara snapped, though the way she swayed in place said otherwise. "I don't need help! Much less from someone who wants to kill me!"

The man's face softened. "I don't want to kill you. I don't even know who you are."

"I'm General Madden." Kara lifted her chin, expecting the hate to appear in his eyes. 

"So? I don't know who you are." The man shrugged. "I'm Kix."

"General Skywalker captured her on the battlefield and brought her here. She escaped while having tea with me, poisoned herself or something, and passed out. She hit her head on a rock," Rex clarified.

Kix raised an eyebrow. "You were having tea with her?"

"Just put some bacta on her or something!" Rex pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'll get in trouble if she dies on my watch."

"Wait, you said she got poisoned?" Kix frowned. 

"Just treat her head injury!" Rex pushed Kara forward again.

"I can't treat her if she's poisoned! I need to take care of that first!" Kix grabbed Kara's arm and pulled her into the medical bay. "What poisoned her? How did she get poisoned? Wait, you said she was drinking tea with you? Did you drug her?"

"She was going to drug me first!" Rex nudged a reluctant Kara toward an exam table. 

"I'm fine!" Kara wrapped her arms around Rex's neck, strangling him with the binders on her wrists. "See?"

Rex spluttered as the cuffs pressed against his wind pipe, his back to Kara's chest. "Kix! Don't just stand there!"

Kix rummaged in a drawer, not an ounce of urgency in his movement. "I'm looking for a tranquilizer."

"I'm perfectly fine!" Kara began to walk to the exit, holding Rex hostage.

"You have a blaster!" Rex angrily shouted. "Use the stun setting!"