Epilogue

Dedicated to Simp4CaptainRex and Sun-Fl0w3r_ for their hilarious comments and unwavering support.

Well, mostly unwavering.

Simp4CaptainRex has declared hatred for me now due to what I did last chapter.

Kara's stomach dug into the rocky terrain as she lay across a boulder. She blew a strand of her hair from her face and leaned forward to peer into the scope on the sniper rifle she was using. 

Months had gone by since Rex had perished, and Kara had spent the time plotting her vengeance.

After hiring someone to hack into the security cameras, she had the footage of the person who had killed the Jedi. She had the footage of the person behind the slaughtering of innocent children. She had the footage of the person who killed Rex.

Her fingers tightened on the rifle as she imagined what would've happened if Alex hadn't had such a good spot in hide-and-seek. He was lucky and survived, unlike so many others.

She pulled herself back to the moment and looked through the scope, watching as the crosshair fell onto the Sith Lord's armoured chest. Her finger moved to the trigger, and she hesitated before she was ready to pull it.

Was this the right thing to do?

Was killing a stranger just so she might feel better the right thing to do?

She might not be perfect, but she at least strived to be a good person, in honour of Rex. 

And was this what a good person would do?

But she wasn't perfect, as she knew well, and what was one more blemish on the record?

So she took her breath, finger pulling the trigger.

The shot went straight at the Sith's chest and stopped right before it would've pierced through flesh and blood.

Kara cursed, immediately going to fire another one, hoping to at least do some damage, when she froze.

The Sith had stormed away, and guards filed out to catch whoever attacked their leader. And in front of them, was a trooper with Jaig eyes on his helmet.

Kara dropped the rifle as her breath hitched as his visor lifted, scanning the area before looking in the direction the shot had come from. The helmet dipped as he saw her, and he whispered under his breath.

"Now I'm the villain."

Thank you all for being here with me for Villain!

I hope you enjoyed (I know I did) and I hope to see you in the sequel!