2.

I couldn't face Price and tell him what I had done. It was so stupid, so reckless, so.. cruel. I could've controlled my thirst for one more death to my name, but I just had to make just a horrendous mistake. In the back of my head I kept telling myself that Price wouldn't take Ghost seriously, then the common sense that came out at times screamed at me that, if anything, Ghost would be the only person Price really trusted. As petty and angry as Ghost was, he wouldn't lie to a superior.

I sighed, rubbing the palms of my hands against my face. I rubbed it until I stopped to slap my own cheeks

"Come on, Kat. Price wouldn't kick you out for a mistake. Right? Right..? ARGH?!?"

I screamed in my hands. Soon enough, despair settled in. I trained like a madwoman after that incident, trying to take my mind off what might happen to me if Ghost had actually spilled the beans.

"Katarina. In my office. Now."

Price's husky voice ordered me from the doorway to the lounge area where I was contemplating my dismay. A shiver went down my spine as realization finally settled into my mind. I was fucked.
I walked in silence to the door of all doors... the door that was probably about to be the entrance to the end of my career. I carefully turned the knob of Price's office and stepped inside, letting the door close behind me.

"Oh shit."

Ghost sat in front of the Captain's desk with his arms crossed and back turned to me. I gulped the lump of fear forming in my throat and took my seat next to my almost victim.

"Now you're both here. Care to explain what the hell happened just 2 days ago in my base?"

The Captain spoke as he lit his cigar and let a cloud of smoke escape his mustache covered lips.

I opened my mouth to speak but Ghost beat me to it

"Katarina shot me. We were training with BB guns. A game of hide and side, of sorts. The plan was for her to use the sniper to strike me with a BB bullet, to signify my 'death'. She, instead, opted for a real .15 caliber bullet."

"Ghost I shot you in your bullet proof vest! I aimed for the one spot I knew would be protected! I wasn't trying to kill you, are you crazy?!"

I tried defending myself but that last statement only made it worse. His head snapped to look at me, wrath overtaking him as he raised his voice

"Am I crazy?! AM I CRAZYI?! YOU FUCKING TWAT, HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THAT VEST I WOULD BE DEAD"

"But you're not! The vest protected you as it should've! I could've shot you in the head if I wanted you dead-"

"Enough."

Price finally spoke again, letting the ash fall onto the ashtray. He sighed and leaned back into his chair, hands intertwined and resting on his stomach.

"Katarina I expect all of your reports done and on my desk by tomorrow at 11:00 am on the dot. What you did was out of line, dangerous and quite frankly.. idiotic. Ghost has every right to be angry, but from what I've heard, you slapped her after said incident. Am I wrong, Simon?"

I froze as he asked that. Did soap tell him? Why! Why would he snitch on him like that!? Now I'll get my ass beat double! No... it was Gaz!

"I backhanded her, yes."

Ghost replied coldly, keeping his arms crossed on his chest. I looked down at my sweaty palms, trying to not make it obvious that I was embarrassed for letting him put his hands on me. Not that he didn't had a right, but he could've handled it better.

"And what exactly did that solve? I'll answer for you... absolutely fucking nothing. Both of you are off duty for 7 days. I won't put this incident in the report, but if something like this happens again, I won't hesitate to do it."

Ghost tensed up next to me and I nodded my head at Price's mercy.

"Dismissed."