16.

We get back to base and it's immediate chaos in the interrogation room. The woman known as El Sin Nombre is sat comfortably on a chair, smirking at us. I can tell Alejandro is livid, much to our surprise.

"Alright. How do you two know each other?"

Graves asked, moving his hand to indicate both Alejandro and her.

"Know is a strong word"

"Strong words are important. Our word is our worth, no?"

She spoke as if she knew exactly how to push his buttons and make him burst. And that's exactly what he did. He raised his voice like I had never seen him do before.

"Go to hell you fucking bitch- I'll kill you!"

Rudy and Soap intervened, pulling him back as to calm him down before continuing.

"Go on. Tell them."

Alejandro ordered her, keeping his hands rested in his vest.

"I don't take orders anymore."

He scoffed at her, whilst she smirked. A shit eating one at that. She seemed to give me a few looks, but I didn't reciprocate.

"She's military. We fought together. Different squads, same unit."

Alejandro explained yet it didn't quite click to me how she could have become a drug lord.

"Why did you change carrier paths?"

I asked, resting my hand on my hip. I was still wearing the damn tight dress plus a vest to cover me up a bit.

"I created a power vacuum after our mission.. killed the previous boss and filled his role."

"Well then you must know quite a few things about Hassan. His whereabouts.. even a few missile locations. No?"

I didn't back down, walking a bit closer to her to let me get a good view of who I was interrogating.

"I'll make it crystal clear for you, hm. You have ten seconds to tell us what you know. Locations, targets, anything regarding Hassan. Or else..."

I trailed off standing straight from my slightly bent position.

"I'll show you the difference between Graves and me."

She seemed to ponder what to say back, biting the inside of her cheek.

"I don't know the targets. But I can tell you where the missiles are. Find them, and I'll tell you where Hassan is."

Graves nodded whilst I turned to leave, hearing Valeria say one more condition to this deal.

"In exchange. You'll let me go, and get the fuck out of Las Almas."

That was one hell of a condition but keeping her under custody was beyond our jurisdiction. We had no reason to keep her under our supervision if not for her intel.

"Pleasure doing business with you"

I told her, walking out of the interrogation room, the rest of the squad following en-suite.

————>

Price told us bits and pieces about our next mission, giving us some time to recover and rest up before we departed again.

"You good in there, Kat?"

I turned to face him, his kind gentle smile making me smile back.

"All good, Cap. Just a bit tired. I'll take a well deserved shower and check in on our grumpy mule. Hopefully he didn't tear the infirmary apart"

Price gave me a hearty laugh, sending me on my way and I found myself walk alone along the endless corridors of the base. I couldn't bare the pain from the damn heels and decided to take them off, holding them in my non dominant hand.

Arrived at the infirmary and it was awfully quiet for Ghost to be in there. No shouting? No cursing or putting up a fight with the medical personnel? They must've sedated him.

I knocked a couple of times, opening the door slightly before anyone could answer to let me in.

"Ghost? You still alive in here-"

I froze, the blood draining from my face once I saw the scene in front of me. How.. did he get his hands on those.

He raised his head to look at me, a look of betrayal and dread filling up his soft hazel eyes.

I closed the door behind me very slowly, taking a few steps towards his bed. A few classified reports sat scattered onto his lap. Some were open and looked like they had been read through.

Throughly.

"Want to explain to me what the fuck this is, Katarina?"

"How did you get those."

My throat felt like it was closing up, making my breath get stuck in it.

"I got bored. Wanted to do a little background check and I... just stumbled upon some interesting things, about you. About your past."

He found out. He really found out. First it was Price now him. How could it even be possible!? I did my goddamn best to bury all of it in the past yet.. the past never dies.

"Ghost, I don't know what-"

I got cut off by his sudden outburst.

"DON'T LIE TO ME, DAMNIT. I'll ask you again, and you better give me a good enough explanation... What. The fuck. Is this"