Chapter 11 - A Game Once More

The Duke observed Celestia and Elizabeth as they danced. They could not dance in the same style that the Duke and Celestia had been, as their difference in height was far too high of a hurdle for Elizabeth to overcome.

Celestia didn't really care. She made her own style with Elizabeth and was just dancing for fun with her, allowing her mind to rest as it was free from the constraints of making sure she made the right moves at the right time.

Celestia kept switching between the three of them and rehearsing several dance styles with various levels of success. But she still maintained a sense of elegance that was a bit counter to her excitable personality that exploded the moment she stopped.

Elizabeth couldn't help but smile as she was delighted watching Celestia dance so gracefully...

"Grace! I forgot to let her know where I went!" Elizabeth exclaimed, realizing she had neglected to tell Grace anything.

"Don't worry. I told her already," Celestia assured, sitting on the floor to rest. "That's why I got Papa so quickly. She picked me up and dashed me to him—and then Papa used his magic to run even faster, messing up my hair in the process."

"I said I was sorry, Lemon!" the Duke yelled.

"Focus!" Lilith shouted, narrowly avoiding being stepped on.

Lilith and the Duke were dancing now, and it was apparent they were rather used to dancing with each other. Their dance was characterized not by the intensity that the Duke and Elizabeth had somehow achieved but by its staggering complexity that flowed out in perfect harmony with the music.

Their movements resembled an elegant fight more than a typical dance, creating a narrative that could captivate onlookers like a compelling epic.

Just as they concluded their dance with a bow, a gentle knock echoed on the door. The Duke waved his hand to open it, and Grace entered, wheeling in a small cart adorned with various slices of cakes.

"Grace's cake!" Celestia yelled, eagerly jumping up and darting toward the cart. "This one, no, this one, no, this one! I can't choose!"

"What's with the cakes, Grace?" the Duke questioned.

"I felt it was a fitting occasion," Grace replied. "My Lady has finally recovered. Young Celestia is making progress. I hope?"

Celestia turned to Grace and nodded enthusiastically but quickly returned to muttering to herself as she struggled to pick a cake.

"And...Lady Lilith is back," Grace added, a tinge of sarcasm in her voice.

"Don't be like that, Grace! You know you love me!" Lilith teased before lunging at Grace.

"Back, you she-beast!" Grace warned, brandishing a cake knife. "Consider this your only warning, Lady Lilith! Don't you dare coerce my Lady into anything unbecoming, or I will finally turn all the maids on you!"

"Ah...all of them? Really? Now, don't go and punish me with a good time," Lilith laughed before wrapping her hands around Elizabeth. "Besides, Grace, I haven't forced anyone to do anything. We only have fun because that is what they truly desire—and I think you should know a thing or two about desire. How many kids do you have now, Grace? Seven?"

"T-That is not what I'm talking about here! That is a completely separate issue!" Grace shouted, surprising Elizabeth as she turned bright red.

"Enough, the both of you!" the Duke shouted, yanking Lilith off Elizabeth. "Honestly, the two of you have been bickering the same way for years! Grace, you don't have to worry. I'll make it absolutely clear where the boundaries are this time—and the punishment for crossing them."