CHAPTER THREE

NICOLE'S POV

I stood up with the girl in my arms and started walking towards my car when my driver saw me he opened the back seat door for me to put the girl in when it was done, i went to the front seat and got inside then the driver started the car.

The ride home was so peaceful until i heard the notification on my phone I took it out and read the notification it was from my most trusted man telling me that they have cleaned up after replying back another notification from work came reminding me of the meeting am suppose to attend.

Switching off my phone a while later we arrived at my place, it a house everyone would dream of but not me whats a house without family my thoughts ended after seeing the girl in the back seat straggling to stay awake as her eyes where already read from crying.

I stepped out of the car and opened her door she was hesitant at first but got out i started leading her inside the house when we entered the first thing that greated us was the silence.

"Welcome to my house i live alone come on i will show you the guest room" i said

She followed me up the stairs into the guest room

"on your left there's a wardrobe,  on you right the first there's the bathroom and toilet you can get a shower or bath let me bring you something to change in" before i could turn around i felt a hand stop me .

RIYA'S POV

He was about to go so i stopped him and said " thank you very much, i don't know how to repay you " after saying that he smiled and said

"it's fine, i know we are stranger but you  can stay here as long as you want i don't mind, it's a big house i do get lonely sometimes a little company won't hate will it we might even get to know each other"  after that he left i went to the bathroom and decided to take a shower.

I don't know how long i was there for but when i came out a sweatpant and t-shirt was on the bed, i knew that he's the one who left them here after getting dreesed.

I searched for the way to l the kitchen until i found it i got lot in admiring the kitchen that i didn't notice him sitting on the chair next to the counter someone cleared their throat it broke me out of my thoughts.

"sorry i was just amazed by how everything is well arranged and i didn't get you name"

after that he gave me his name "Nicole" and I did the same "am Riya"

Nicole rold riya to have a seat while he serves the food when it was done they started eating while talking.

"Riya do you mind telling something about yourself" Nicole asked

" my name is Riya Malison am 17 years old love reading books, playing with children so every time am not at home i would be at the orphanage working i don't want to rely on anyone and am at university studying business administration that's all how about you." She asked

"am Nicole 23 years old i have a sister who is 19 years she stays with her fiancee but she visits i love work that's all" after that we kept quite and finished eating.

Riya Volunteered to wash the plates, while washing she asked

" what time do you go for work and come back."

I was brought out of my thoughts when she asked

"I go around 5 or 6pm and about coming back it depends if there is not much work to do, and what time do you go to college" I said

she told me around "6pm"

"okay then in the morning i will drop you off tomorrow and there's some clothes in the wardrobe for my sister you can use,"

She was now done with washing the plates and looked tired

"you should go to sleep, i will give you a tour tomorrow, good night Riya"

"good night Nicole and thanks"she said then she went to sleep so i switched the lights off.

RIYA'S POV

my alarm went off, it was 4AM  i got out and made my bed then  descended the stairs , going to the kitchen and started making breakfast after finishing i went to the dining room and started answering my assignment through the question.

After finishing i went went to xavier's room and knocked I waited for a while,  he opened the door

"Morning Nicole, breakfast is ready, "

"Thanks, let me first finished getting ready by the way have you eaten?"

"No not yet am going to get ready then i will eat when i finish"

After that i went to my room and started getting ready i didn't have any clothes to wear but Nicole said to look through the wardrobe so i did and found a black leather dress and wore it

i went downstairs with my backpack and found Nicole seated on the dining table with his laptop going to the kitchen and getting a plate, i started searving him the food and gave it to him but before he could start eating he asked me

"where is your plate you know you have to eat right, "

He got up and went to the kitchen, i was confused to what he went to do but he came back with a plate full of food and put it in front of me

"eat you need your energy" I hard no choice but to eat when we were both finished I got the plates and washed them.

"Riya we have to go it's getting late we don't want someone to get detention" he said and i put on my shoes went out into the car and  started off he dropped me off and a started walking through the building

I went straight to my locker before I could open it my friends Lily and Jackson came i got my book and made our way to the first period.

XAVIER'S POV

After dropping Riya off i went to the office and started working when  my  assistant came knocking after calling out loud a "come in" she entered with a cup of coffee and handed it to me

And told me that  i had a meeting in  an hour after that she  left me arranging everything in order just when the clock strikes 08:00 hours, my assistant came knocking telling me its time for the meeting.

I got what was needed and  went to the conference room everyone was seated. When they say me they said their greetings and  started giving ideas about the building that we want to buy and what needed to be changed to improve its appearance.

This went on for 2 hours am now getting an headache from the arguing so i ended the meeting and told everyone to leave and headed to my office.

My assistant told me that a client will be coming in 2 hours time looking at my watch i still had 1 hours  left for the person to arrive so i went to my office and started filling out, signing and confirming everything was fine when i heard my phone ringing the iD caller was my sister calling.

" hey sis and how is my little niece doing"

" she's doing fine as well as me we were wondering if we could come and visit?"
  she asked.

" its fine but i have a guess at home she's a girl  if  you are wondering"

she asked "she's  here for business or what"

so i had told her what happened up to now and that she's been of help to me  i hope they can get along very well  we then said our goodbye and i continued my work.

Hey guys, thanks for reading i hope you enjoyed and feel free to vote, like and share
💖🖤

1350 words