CHAPTER NINE

NICOLE'S POV

There is a gala in four days and am thinking of asking Riya to be my date, but am also worried on how to react when things get a little out of hand.

Right now am getting ready to go to the warehouse there are weapons which are coming in and they need to be checked before the money is sent.

Am now heading towards the car already waiting for me outside, am now driving to the warehouse. I arrived there in  time and went to the room where i need to find five different types of boxes with different types of weapons.

Am now Looking through the boxes that i realised that there are only four boxes one is missing, so i called my third in command who was dealing with the shipments.

"JACK!"

"Yes boss, is there a problem" he seemed confused.

" One of the boxes is missing, who was working on the shipments" I asked

" It was Xavier and his team, i remained here taking care of things" he said

"I need you to go and find out who stole my shipment and the person who is working with them" i said

After chatting for a while, i went to my office and started working while replying to some emails, when everything was done i arranged everything and went home.

When i arrived home i packed the car and went inside the house was quiet, not wanting to wake up Riya i went and took a shower then went to bed.

I woke up early to go for a run, i was running for an hour so i went back home and took a shower Riya was still sleeping, so i went to the kitchen and started making breakfast around 8am Riya woke up and came downstairs and have been thinking of telling her the truth about what kind of job i do.

Am just scared of what she will think of me, is she going to treat me the same or what.

Riya came to sit at the table with me while waiting for the food, so i started telling her.

"Riya i need to tell you something, i know it might scare you or think of me different but please don't be scared i would never hurt you" I said

"Nicole is everything okay, you are scaring me" Riya said

"Riya have done terrible things, things which can not be forgiven but please just know that all the people i did those bad things too they all deserved them." I said

"Nicole you are scaring me, please just tell me, i promise not to judge." Riya said.

"Riya in this world there's good and bad, legal things and illegal, and am both, i am running a family business which consists of good, bad, legal and illegal. Am the downfall of everyone Riya, am the boss of the under feared by all, hated by all except my family and friends then loved by no one." I said that and waited for a reply.

" Nicole this is too much for me please will it be okay if you could give me time to think about everything, it's just these passed days have been having a hard time and you telling me that you are in a Mafia it's just too much to handle but all am asking for is time to think about it." Riya said

" It's alright Riya, you can have as much time as you need, just don't stress yourself okay. "

"Alright" she said with a smile on her face.

I was about to say something when my phone started ringing, it was from an unknown ID.

"Excuse me i need to take this" I said

Riya only gave me a reassuring nod.

I answered the call the first thing i heard was

"There will came a time when i will take what belongs to me even if it means war i will, you can't keep hiding her or locked up for the rest of your life, just know that i am always watching your every move" the voice said

With that being said the call was ended, but the voice sounded familiar not wanting to give force judgement about anything i decided to forget about the call for now and make sure that Riya, Sophia and Arlene are alright.

So i went back to the kitchen and finished preparing breakfast and we all say together and enjoyed our breakfast. Have been thinking of asking Sophia if she wanted to go to school but that could be asked another day.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Nicole told Riya everything but was waiting for an answer but what Nicole told Riya was too much for her to grasp the information all at once, with the weird messages and phone call it just to much for her to understand at the same time.

So Riya only told Nicole to give her time to think about everything he said. Although Nicole was scared of losing the only people who ever treated him like a normal person but if it's time she needs then time she will get, this is what Nicole thought not wanting to pressure her. He needs to find out who is threatening him and why the person wants Riya.

Hey guys sorry for not updating but i hope you will enjoy this chapter,

902 words