CHAPTER SEVEN

SOPHIA'S POV

It's been twelve years since have felt a mother's love, Mr and Mrs Johnson never really cared about us in this orphanage, until a girl started working here when i was two years old. It was hard always doing everything in the orphanage.

When Riya started working here, it had been hard to talk to her because Mrs Johnson always said don't talk to people who came here because no one would ever want to be friends with me.

When i first started leaving here, all the children who were here got adopted except me, whenever someone would ask about me, Mrs Johnson would give them the file that had all my details. Whenever they came to know that my parents died when i was two years old, they would reconsider adopting me and end up adopting others.

Mrs Johnson took it upon herself to tell each person who wanted to adopt me that,

"If you adopt her you'll only bring bad luck to you family, she's not well mannered and is a brat"

Whenever people heard that they would change their mind, each day i grew close to miss Addison (Riya), she become a mother to me so one day i asked if it was okay for me to start calling her mom and she agreed.

I thought my life started to get better untill one faithful night, the tables turned. When Mr Johnson called me to his office at night, only for him to lock the door when i was inside.

There was four men including himself sitted like they were waiting for me, he then told me to take a sit, what he said left me shocked.

"You have been living under our care for too long, so in paying us you will let these men do anything to you and you won't resist or tell anyone"

I was frozen in my spot when everything settled in my mind, my hands started sharking with fear, my mind was screaming at me to RUN! CALL FOR HELP! TELL RIYA! anything  but i couldn't because am afraid to what he would do to her.

My thought were disturbed when hands started touching me, trying to get away from them but their grip was to strong for me to pull away. There hands started roaming my body this was not how my life was supposed to be.

But before they could continue, a nock was heard was they gave me a look that said to not tell anyone, the door opened revelling Riya I was so greatful that they dismissed me.

Each day passed but they never stopped and i couldn't tell anyone, Riya came with a friend his name was Nicole, he was very kind that i and Arlene has grown fund of him.

He would always come with sweets and other stuff for the kids here mostly me and Arlene, today was like any other day but Riya promised to bring us ice cream, I did everything fast and started waiting for Riya.

Mr Johnson called me outside to talk but started yelling at me because the night before today he called me into his office but i decided against it.

"How dare you embarrasse me like that yesterday, did you think you would get away from the punishment" he said and slapped me

He kept on yelling at me until someone pulled me into a hug, I was about to pull away but the perfume made me know it was Xavier not wanting to let go i held on tight to him.

" Hey Sophia go and pack a bag for you and Arlene then meet me here" Nicole said

Without thinking i went inside and started packing some clothes for me and Arlene when everything was done i went to get Arlene from the sitting room and went outside to meet Xavier were he told me I'll find him but what was in front of me made me freeze, Mr Johnson was on the with a bloody nose and mouth.

Nicole took Arlene and the bags from me, then told me to follow him to his car once the bags where put in the back sit. What surprised me was that sir had a car sit that Arlene was stripped in and for me i took the passager seat in front.

"Hey are you alright" sir asked

"Yes am fine thanks"

"Sophia, i know your not fine and i understand that you might not want to tell me because we haven't known each other for long, but you can always talk to Riya. She would be sad if anything happened and she didn't know" he said

I thought about it and he was right but i couldn't tell Riya, because am embarrassed of what i let happen to me. So i considered telling sir Luciano about it.

"It started when Mr Johnson called me into his office, he told me that have been living under his roof for too long, so it's Time to repay him" I said and tears started streaming down my face

When i looked at him, he gave me an encouraging smile, so i continued.

"I didn't know what he meant by paying him back until the three men he was with s-started touching me, it started little touching untill t-they become physical and i couldn't do anything about it. Some nights i wouldn't go and thought he forgot but i was proven wrong, one he came and used his belt on me that was the day Mrs Johnson said i wasn't there when Mom (Riya) came" i finished.

At the ends i was full on sobbing, not wanting to wake up Arlene but what surprised me is when sir Nicole comforted me until i stopped crying then he said,

"You'll have to tell Riya about this when we get home okay"

He first took us to eat ice cream by that time Arlene had already woken up from his slamber,  after we finish eating we talked then went at Mr vandal's house (Nicole) place we found Riya with his friends, they would came to visit at the orphanage and bring us some clothes with other things.

What do you think will happen in the next chapter, who can guess .

1053 words