Chapter 3 Guilt:

Sarah Bolger Elementary: 2:00 pm

"Oh what a curious world it is." said Sophie as loud as she could without sounding awkward

or loud. She wore a sky blue dress, a white apron on top of it and a black bow on top of her hair. Her makeup, which consisted of white powers and red round circles on her cheeks, made her look like a doll. Under the spotlight of the stage she looked cute, radiant even, like a little star.

The scene she was playing was when she met the green caterpillar that smoked. Meanwhile, in the audience, Eleanor and Ryan sat. They were seated in the middle row where they could see better. Ryan was impatient, his foot tapping the ground rapidly, he kept looking at his watch every few minutes.

Eleanor noticed and asked "You're in a hurry?" Looking over at her Ryan lied. "No, I'm in no hurry." She gave him The Look any wife does when they caught their husband lying. "Okay fine... ever since we left the house I've been feeling guilty about breaking my promise to Jacob." Ryan admitted, Eleanor always knew how to get the truth out of him.

"I know how you feel," she said, lowering her head. "Maybe Rodey's right, maybe we have been paying too much attention to Sophie?"

"Maybe." Ryan admitted, just a little uncomfortable, before adding. "I wonder how we can make it up to them?" An idea hit him a second later. Getting up from his seat Ryan told Eleanor, "When Sophie finishes her play, tell her that I am proud of her." With that he left in a hurry. Smiling, Eleanor had to hand it to Ryan, he was a good father when push came to shove

.

Getting into his car Ryan turned the key, put it in reverse and backed out of his spot before he threw it into drive and sped off, nearly crashing against the paper sign with the advertisement for the play. But couldn't care less at the moment. He just hoped it wasn't too late to make amends with his sons.

Andrew Household: 2:00 pm

Delta, Daniel, Sophia, and Gracey just got to the front door of the Andrew residence. Delta looked at Gracey, she was carrying a huge bowl filled with chocolate chip cookies. "Mmmm" He hummed, reaching his hand towards the bowl he was blind sighted as another hand pinched the skin between his thumb and index finger. Giving a squeak of pain he yanked his hand back faster than a speeding bullet.

"What did you do that for?" snapped Delta as he nursed his hand.

"Tin daddy you know as well as I do you have to watch your cholesterol or else you'll have an early funeral." Gracey answered not even bothering to look at him.

"My cholesterol is fine," snapped Delta.

"No it isn't." Gracey said calmly.

"Yes. It is. Now gimme a cookie!" Delta whined.

"Stop arguing you two, things are already bad enough. We don't want them to get worse." Daniel snapped, that shut them up. Taking the spare key he had had Daniel opened the door before stepping aside and letting the other two in before entering himself.

"Jacob, Rodey, we're here!" shouted Daniel.

"And we brought cookies!" Gracey added. Shouting they brought cookies was the same as shouting to splicers they had free Adam. The boys always came running in every time. But this time was different, they never came.

"Huh... that's strange. Jacob always made a huge fuss over my cookies." Gracey spoke up as they entered the kitchen. She set the bowl down on a table. "Maybe they are too upset to eat and don't feel like eating cookies?" Sophia pondered as they began to look around the house. He wasn't in the living room, the bathroom, or his room. The more they looked the more alarmed they got.