Chapter 10: First Contact:

(Desteny Star) Authors note: Okay..from this chapter on the content on the chapters will be a bit strong..main reason why I rose the rating on the story...any way I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Rapture, Rapture's foundation: 11:00am

The foundation was huge. It was more of an underground city than a foundation for one.

"Many workers lived, ate and slept down here." Lev explained.

"Why? Isn't there enough space up in Rapture?" Jacob asked, looking around he felt his chest hurt. How could somebody... anybody, be so cruel. The workers were people too. So what if they're not brilliant, they deserve food and proper housing just like everyone else. What he was seeing couldn't support human life.

"Blame Andrew Ryan for it." Lev muttered.

"Is he that bad?" asked Brianna. It was a stupid question, but maybe... just maybe, Andrew did have some kindness. Somewhere deep, deep, DEEP inside of him.

"Has your family told you about him, boyo?" asked Lev.

"Yes." Jacob answered.

"Then that answers your question" Lev said simply before he admitted, "But I guess I can give you a little bit of a history lesson."

"Okay." Jacob answered as he waited for the story.

"Why should I tell you in words? There's a room here, called the security room. Go there."

Jacob nodded before asking, "Where should I go?"

"Take five steps forward." Lev answered, Jacob obeyed and took five steps forward, "Go left, three steps" Walking to the left Jacob took two steps, in the middle of the third his body hit a hard metal door. There was a loud clang which resounded through his helmet.

"Ugh..." Jacob grunted as he held his head.

"There you go, open the door and enter the room."

Making a mental note to complain to Lev Jacob opened the door and entered the room. The room was dark, there was a click, and a light blinked on showing the room was filled with control panels, monitors, and a chair. Walking up to the chair Jacob sat on it. It creaked under Jacob's weight. scooting it closer to the controls he looked over the buttons. There were dozens upon dozens of buttons, all of them were different shapes and colours.

"See the right button? The dark blue one?" Lev asked.

"Yeah." Jacob answered as he moved his hand over the button before- "Ignore that one, push the green button in the middle."

Rolling his eyes Jacob moved his hand the green button and pushed it. The middle screen, which was by far the biggest, being seven inches tall and eight inches wide, turned on. There was static for a few seconds before it cleared and an image appeared. It was that of a man, he had a hard expression on his face, it was the type of person which lived by the code of, "other people may suffer, as long as my needs are met I don't care." It reminded Jacob of Butch.

The man took a sip of some juice in an elegant glass cup, Jacob guessed it was wine and that the man in the video was trying to make a statement by acting the part of the refined learned man before he began to speak.

"I am Andrew Ryan, and I am here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No,' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'

'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'

'No,' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'