Chapter 5 From bad to worse:

Two years later:

Every day since Thanksgiving, Eleanor worried about Ryan going to rapture. He put on a normal face for everyone but she knew the nightmares were still there, Eleanor ended up locking his and her suits away in the shed, cause she knew no one goes in there or for long. After the suit's were gone he slowly got better. Either way life was moving on as it should.

"Dammit Ryan, you were supposed to be the one coming to deal with Ryans teacher." Eleanor muttered angrily as she made her way to the parent teacher conference. Parking her old red pick up truck Eleanor got out of the car and walked into the school, she wore a black dress, and her shoulder length hair was combed down neatly. Walking through the halls she found room 194, Rodey, Jacob, and Sophie's classroom.

Stopping in front of the door she took a deep breath before opening the door and entering the room. The classroom was barely decorated, it was plain and not very colourful, the walls were painted white. There weren't even any posters hung on the walls. Just a large picture frame on the wall that declared the rules of the classroom. The only furniture were the seats and desks of the students and the teacher.

Jacob was sitting alone at one of the desks in the front row, his head down. Eleanor figured something was wrong. "Misses Andrew." She heard a cold voice, looking for the first time she saw a man sitting in the teachers chair, for a second Eleanor had mistaken him for a stone pillar.

He was old, probably in his late forties, and his hair was grey. From the way he sat and composed himself she gathered that he was the type of person that gave orders and expected them to be followed. Probably threw a tantrum when they weren't, she joked to herself. "Mister Jonathan?" Eleanor asked.

Jonathan smiled at her, he liked this woman. "Yes, please take a seat." He said, gesturing to the chair in front of him.

"Has Jacob done something wrong?" Eleanor Asked, worried for her son.

"Oh that." Jonathan replied. An idea to woo the lady before him formed in his head. "He is a menace to my classroom, a parasite. Not worth my time to work with him." he spoke coldly, sending the occasional glance at Jacob. Said boy immediately raised his head, his teacher was lying about him. He didn't do anything wrong, he had defended himself from butch and his "boyfriends" and he got in trouble for it.

"That's a lie!" he yelled.

"Jacob! Go to the principal's office!" Jonathan shouted.

"But-"

"No buts, go." Jonathan snapped.

Jacob got up from his seat and left the room. He was pissed, but he wouldn't show it. Once Jacob left Jonathan spoke, "It must be hard work taking care of children when you're alone so often." He half expected her to say she wasn't alone, that she had a husband.

"Yes, it is." Eleanor said, nodding.

'Wonderful.' Jonathan thought, it was just what he wanted to hear. "You see Misses Andrew my aim is to educate the students, to help them achieve a better future. How about we talk about Jacob's situation over dinner?" He offered.

Eleanor froze and immediately replied "No thank you, I am quite busy with my current work load" She didn't want to be rude.

"Okay, the offer's always open whenever you like." He replied.

Taking her things Eleanor left in a hurry. His eyes on her made her feel very uncomfortable all of a sudden. 'Yes my little butterfly, I can wait, I always did like women who play hard to get more.' Jonathan mused as he watched Eleanor leave.

Andrew household: 5:00am

Jacob was the first one to wake up that day. Today was the field trip for the kindergarten through third grade students. They were going to take a week-long cruise to explore the Atlantic oceans.